What We Need:
Hangar 13 is in search of a Technical Artist who will be responsible for creating and maintaining procedural tools and assets for Art and Design needs.
What You Will Do:
- Work with art, design and engineering to understand project requirements.
- Work with dev team to prioritize and develop procedural assets to streamline art processes, workflows and pipelines
- Proactively research and prototype new techniques to improve efficiency of content production
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
Our ideal Technical Artist has both artistic and technical background that covers many disciplines. We need someone who can convert ideas into functional tools that will make life of artists better. Our Technical Artist is a clear communicator who promotes ideas about improvements of every aspect of artist life and productivity.
- 4+ years of experience in a Technical Art related field.
- At least one released title on current console generation (XB1 or PS4), preferably AAA
- Strong knowledge of SideFX Houdini
- Experience with other 3D packages; 3DMax or Maya
- Experience with scripting language, preferably Python
- Understanding of Object Oriented programming
- Ability to work independently with a high level of autonomy
- Familiar with Photoshop, Substance Painter and Substance designer
- Strong art skills including experience with modeling, texturing, and shading for games.
- Familiar with Perforce
- Strong ability to learn new areas of development
- Proven ability to work well within a team atmosphere
- Excellent time management skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze a situation and communicate the most effective and efficient solution.
Other Recommended Skills:
- Basic knowledge of C# or other higher programming language.
- Knowledge of additional scripting languages: Max Script, Java Script, VB
- Ability to multitask and work under deadlines.
- BS / BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Arts, Art or a related field preferred.
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
If this sounds like you, apply now and mention that you saw this job advertised on the Wired Sussex jobsite.