What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a Backend Software Engineer to help design, develop, implement and debug a high performance, reliable and highly scalable backend infrastructure.
What You Will Do:
- Design and coordinate the implementation of a new backend infrastructure that will be high performance, reliable and scalable
- Collaborate with other developers to integrate the online backend features in the game
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfil the project’s technical requirements
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- Provide the other leads with feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 2+ years designing robust, high performance scalable systems using Go (or similar), or else solid experience with c++. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of both backend and game side languages.
- Experience using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud technologies, preferably any of the following AWS, Azure and Google cloud
- Experience with Unix like operating systems
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
If this sounds like you, apply now and mention that you saw this role on the Wired Sussex jobsite.