What We Need:
Got what it takes to produce a cutting-edge AAA title? Be part of our passionate team and strive for excellence. Hangar 13 is looking for a seasoned and passionate engineer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to work with like minded professionals to create a truly amazing game. Develop, write, implement, and debug code for the UI on next-generation video game projects.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with other disciplines (art, design, sound) in implementing the UI
- Write code that fulfills the functional, graphic and technical requirements of the project
- Participate in the design of products and perform some testing activities
- Provide the Lead Engineer with feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements
- Adhere to the project’s coding standards
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Excellent communication skills with an interest in working with other game developers in a cooperative team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or relevant work experience
- Expertise with the C/C++ programming language along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles
- Experience in development of UI code, knowledge of Flash and ActionScript 3.0 is highly desirable
- 3 years of programming experience on commercial software projects
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines
- Experience developing for game consoles
- One or more shipped PC or console game titles
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
If this looks like a good fit for you, get in touch and mention that you found this role advertised on the Wired Sussex jobsite.