Experienced Web Developer
Web Developer with real career opportunities
Are you looking for a new challenge, a place where your strengths are truly valued and you will be supported to reach your highest levels of potential? Do you love learning new skills and enjoy a challenge, working in a fast paced environment where the end of the day comes quickly? Cloud9 are an award winning Microsoft Dynamics partner that works exclusively with SMB clients that is known for its supportive culture and as a place where those with ambition will achieve great things beyond their own dreams. We have enjoyed significant growth in the past year of +60% and have ambitious growth plans for the coming year. With this in mind this role has incredible career growth prospects with significant opportunity to increase your long term earning potential in an area of unprecedented growth.
All employees are encouraged to write a 10 year Future CV, and we will support you as much as we can to achieve your ambition even beyond your time at Cloud9. Cloud9 is a place where we have created a culture of 'family' where everyone feels supported, a place where ambition and hard work is rewarded. We recently won Gatwick Diamond 'Investing in People for Business Success' award, a credit to our commitment to our employees success.
Our values include Growth Mindset, Fun, Positivity (be clear on what you want - what you think manifests its-self), Collaboration & team work and Being the Best. Our purpose is to make a difference to individual and business potential using Microsoft Cloud Technology. If you feel this is aligned to your own motives then do get in touch. We recruit primarily for fit with our values and ambition and then look to shape roles to maximise the individuals talents and potential.
This is a permanent role within the Brighton based team. This role has realistic potential for the right candidate to be considered in the longer term to be trained to be a client facing Dynamics Portal Developer/consultant for which shadowing and opportunities will be created to support this career path.
We're keen to hear from web developers who are passionate about creating web-sites and web-based portals that have great user experiences. Are you empathetic to the human side of technology use and adoption? Do you love team work ?
- You will demonstrate excellent project management skills, to manage own and others time to achieve planned outcomes.
- You will be responsible for client facing websites (4) as well as development of new web-based portals integrated with Dynamics.
- Working closely with marketing team to identify strategies to improve marketing success
- Identification and Implementation of SEO strategies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Great people and communication skills
- You love to take ownership and accountability and work well under pressure
Developer Skills needed:
- Bootstrap, Composer, jQuery
- Experience working at the command line
- Version control with GIT, Bitbucket or similar
- Experience in managing domains, DNS records and hosting accounts
- WordPress development experience
- Site migration
- Knowledge of database design principles
- Knowledge of website security best practices
- Experience providing technical support and troubleshooting live sites
- Experience writing project documentation and test plans
- Experience using frameworks – Laravel, Symphony or similar
- Third Party application integration
- Understanding of security
- UX, User experience design skills
- Basic understanding of Dynamics 365
- Experience in UX design
- Site structure - wireframing/sketch
- Use of Analytics Tools (E.G: Google Analytics)
Personality traits (essential):
- Exceptional communication skills
- Taking full responsibility of roles - not faint hearted in making decisions
- Self-motivated and proactive (not reactive)
- Ability to problem solve effectively
- Ability to be dynamic in terms of workflow
- Capable of varying demands and multi-tasking and managing priorities
- Friendly, approachable and personable
- Take pride in delivering the highest standards of work with great attention to detail
- 3+ years' experience in web-development
- Educated to degree level
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Curious and keep up to date with digital trends
What we will offer
We plan quarterly days in the office for learning and sharing with food and drinks out to ensure there is a fun aspect to really getting to know everyone in the Cloud9 team. In addition, you’ll get;
As a minimum we typically match your (evidenced) existing salary – this is based on the market rate for equivalent roles within the Brighton area. There is will be realistic opportunity to increase earnings based on your value contribution and skills learnt
· 20 days holiday in addition to bank holidays
· Unlimited unpaid holiday following probation (within flexible working policy)
· Matched up to 3% pension contribution to pension scheme
· 8:30-5 hours (Mon-Fri) with option for flexibility
· Frequent company socials
· Weekly paid for on-site massages
Salary: Competitive based on experience and current salary
If you feel you have the ambition, experience and attitude suited to join the Cloud9 team, then please send over a covering letter outlining why this role interests you, details of your current salary and benefits, notice period and expected minimum salary on starting, along with an up to date CV.
Strictly no agencies.