QA Engineer (Tessello)
- Brightwave Group
- Brighton or remote
- £19,500 - £24,500 depending on experience
- eLearning, Usability, Testing / QA
- Mid-Level, Junior-Level
- Full-Time, Part-Time
- Contract Type
As QA Engineer, you are essential to the day-to-day running of Tessello, our flagship learning product. You will manage a range of QA activities for platform updates, new client set-ups and technical support. Working with the whole team, you will help embed QA principles throughout product development.
This role can be full time or part time.
Tessello is a web-based learning platform used across government and a range of industries. We’re a friendly and collaborative team committed to creating a fantastic workplace and providing innovative learning solutions for our clients.
- Ensuring quality - Input on QA requirements and make sure product development meets standards.
- Ownership of testing - Plan and conduct testing for projects and ongoing product development cycles.
- Maintaining QA documents - Create and update test plans/scripts and guidance documentation.
- Delegating QA activities - From time to time, train and support colleagues to carry out testing based on scripts and documentation.
- New QA processes - Research, plan, design and implement new testing as required, such as user acceptance or automation.
In addition to your core responsibilities, you will help the team with customer support and new client implementations.
- Working as a QA tester for web-based applications, or similar
- Troubleshooting issues with colleagues and clients
- Prioritising work according to an agreed rationale
- Using systems and processes for tracking/managing issues or tasks
- Client-facing experience
- Working in a busy digital / software environment, or similar
Having any of the following is a bonus:
- Familiarity with agile and waterfall methodologies
- ISEB/ISTQB or other relevant testing qualification
- Experience or understanding of learning technology
This role involves in-depth learning and would suit someone looking for a long-term position (and we think learning tech is a great sector to be in!) Development opportunities include senior QA and a wide range of other disciplines.
The lovely Brightwave office is in central Brighton, right in front of the mainline station, but the whole team are currently working remotely. Longer term, this role can be either based at our office in Brighton or remote. If remote, you would need to be able to travel to Brighton from time to time (subject to safety measures).
How to apply
We welcome contact from a wide variety of applicants, including those in groups underrepresented in the tech sector. Please send your CV and a cover letter. We are keen to get you on board and will start interviewing ASAP.
Please contact the recruiting manager if you have any questions or would like to chat before applying (Alex - alexandra.stewart at brightwavegroup.com). The recruitment process starts with an informal conversation about your fit with the role, followed by a standard competency-based video interview.