This opportunity would suit an adaptable, independent starter, with the ability to motivate themselves. As you would be joining a new company working on a greenfield project, you they will have a chance take ownership of some aspects of the project and make a real impact.
You will get to solve some interesting problems so a proven ability to smoothly move from rapid prototype to structured, maintainable, and testable code would be an advantage.
You will also need a good eye for style as the unique features of this project are heavily focused on the front end and user experience.
As the project develops there maybe be some opportunities to work on the backend, or work on the dev ops side of the project. So, a willingness to learn new concepts, and techniques would be useful. As would be the ability to cooperate, share and help others. So, some writing of technical documentation will be required.
Initially this position will be remote working, however eventually you may be expected to work out of our offices in Edinburgh.
High specification remote working setup provided.
- Web services (REST, HTTP, etc.)
- Analytical skills. Ability to create a specification and then develop code based on that specification.
- Ability to develop a schedule in cooperation with others.
- Git in a team environment.
- Some Knowledge of QA, testing and testing tools (Selenium, Unit testing/Jest, Gattling etc.)
Nice to have
- Mobile development for Android & IOS
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration systems
- UX Design
- Techniques for keeping UX fast and responsive
- Performance testing
- Video Streaming
- Dev ops/maintaining services
- Data Analysis skills
- Some backend development skills
- Interest in other languages (Python/C++/Java/Scala, etc.)
Whilst many years of practical experience is always useful, we also encourage recent graduates to apply. Based on an initial video interview we may ask you to complete a realistic programming & design challenge in your own time to highlight your skills and problem-solving ability.
What We Offer
Streambid Ltd is a new, well-funded startup.
Its CEO Richard Leinfellner has been an executive in the Video Game business since the 1984. Whilst this new venture is not a game as such it would be of interest to programmers who have an interest in making enjoyable mass market software.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, a cover letter & if appropriate GitHub/Portfolio