- Sensible Development Ltd
- Brighton + Flexible home working
- Usability, Design / Creative
- Full-Time, Flexible
- Contract Type
We are looking for a designer to join our in-house product development team. Previously we have worked with freelance designers and agencies. As the first designer in our team, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your creative flair from day one.
The role will be varied, with no two days the same: you will be wire-framing new product features, providing eye-catching and enticing content for email marketing and social media campaigns for our clients, pushing Sensible Development’s brand and visual identity, producing new identities/sub-brands for our clients’ auction sites.
You will be in the thick of it helping us make decisions. You will see how we take ideas from a range of sources, take part in discussions on how best to turn those ideas in to reality and then help us implement them. We work on a democratic basis and will always listen to your ideas.
You will be someone who is a true creative and has their finger on the pulse of modern digital design. You will have an interest in creative and new ideas for both websites and digital marketing campaigns and good knowledge of how websites work and how users interact with digital technologies.
We are looking for someone to grow with us and develop a set of skills complementary to our existing team and help us grow as a company.
Product and Delivery Manager
- Continuously improving Sensible Development’s brand and visual identity
- Creation of new digital product user interfaces for a range of existing and new services.
- Work with product manager to produce wireframes for new functionality within our product portfolio
- Work with our auction coordinator to produce the look and feel of white-label branded auction sites and accompanying marketing campaigns for new and existing clients
- Work with our developers to make the designs come to life.
- Improve our products from user feedback
- Improvement of the UI and UX for our existing products
Key Skills and Experience
You will have a good eye for design, be smart, self-motivated, and focussed. You enjoy learning and developing new ideas.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a designer within a digital agency or similar
- A portfolio of work that shows user-centered and visual design capabilities across a range of different projects
- Good understanding of information architecture, workflows, concept development and interaction design
- Experience in designing UX and UI for both desktop and mobile.
- Knowledge of usability and accessibility standards and their application
- Software: Proficient using Adobe software, InVision and Sketch or alternatives
- Ability to interpret client briefs and to satisfy sometimes conflicting views
- Ability to manage own priorities in line with timeframes and priority of delivery
- Relevant degree or equivalent
- A passion for quality and contributing to the quality culture within the team
- Ability to continuously develop relevant skills on the job
- Work well with development team.
- Creative mind set
- Excellent attention to detail
Useful but not Essential
- Experience in UX research methods
- Experience of working on both B2B and B2C products
- A salary commensurate with experience
- Permanent and full-time employment
- Flexible working (We are 100% remote working at the moment but may return to the office for a day or 2 a week once the Covid-19 pandemic is under control).
- Regular appraisals with personal development plan and objective setting
- Working and being a part of a progressive workplace and growing company on international projects
- We have no-blame culture where we all benefit and learn from our mistakes; even the Managing Director.
- Be part of a company who believes in ethical business. We have aspirations to work towards BCorp Certification.
- 20 days holiday per year + an extra 3 days in between Christmas and New Year + Bank Holidays.
- Additional info: UXDesigner (133kb) (the link will open in a new window)