- Shieldpay Ltd
- Remote based (UK)
- Basic: £55k to £65k + Share Options + Benefits
- Back-End Development, Full Stack Development, Software Engineering
- Contract Type
What it’s like to work for Shieldpay
Our team is filled with ambitious, curious and entrepreneurial people. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment. We don’t like old fashioned corporate hierarchy. Instead we like to empower our people to make a change and be autonomous in their role with all the support you need with the other teams around you.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join a new, multidisciplinary engineering team, primarily utilising React, Node, Typescript (for both), and a serverless event-driven architecture hosted on AWS. We have specialists with a focus on certain layers of the stack and architecture, but full-stack design and development is encouraged and supported in our open, highly collaborative culture.
What you will do:
This role can be based remotely (within the UK) - but will require occassional travel to our Haywards Heath office
- Work with Product and senior members of the team to ensure requirements are clear, and that user stories are broken down sufficiently.
- Ensure APIs are designed and built to the highest quality and perform thorough code reviews.
- Assist with the overall design of distributed microservices, as well as the detailed design of the individual services themselves.
What are we looking for in you:
- Experience of having used Node.js within a commercial environment.
- Have solid RESTful API design fundamentals.
- Have worked with at least one relational database and are familiar with non-relational databases.
- Are familiar with at least one of the big cloud providers, and have experience of - or are excited by - serverless technologies.
- Have solid experience across peripheral tooling, such as Git, Webpack, Babel, etc.