BrightMinded was founded in 2011 by a group of software professionals with a background in Artificial Intelligence and we have been providing bespoke software development ever since.
We are now looking to create a skunk works team committed to exploring the possibilities of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence initially in the area of Digital Content Optimisation.
The objective of the applied mathematician role is to help a small team of mavericks invent transparent, fair, cost effective Artificial Intelligence for Digital Content Optimisation.
Six months at 37.5 hour/week, with possibility of full-time employment depending on success of the project.
You are an independent thinker and embrace constraints. For you, simple wins every time. You see solutions, never problems. You bring imagination, attention to detail and reasoning from first principles. You're proactive, responsible, accountable and play well with others. Willing to do things differently.
- Finding, understanding and educating on relevant academic literature.
- Devising mathematically sound models and strategies for Digital Content Optimisation.
- Prototyping models and solutions.
- Devising strategies and metrics for testing and measuring performance of models and solutions.
- Graduate degree (master, phd) in applied mathematics or an equally mathematically-focussed discipline. Alternatively, demonstrable commercial experience with strong evidence of original research and development.
- Experience implementing mathematical models and algorithms using a programming language (e.g. R, Python, Matlab).
- Strong foundation and deep interest in Bayesian / Probabilistic reasoning and models.
- Familiarity with optimisation techniques and solutions.
- Strong communication skills
Job Type: Contract
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Master's (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19