Applied Cognitive Scientist
BrightMinded was founded in 2011 by a group of software professionals with a background in Artificial Intelligence and we have been providing superior bespoke software development ever since.
We are now looking to create a skunk works team fully committed to exploring the possibilities of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence initially in the area of Digital Content Optimisation.
The objective of the applied cognitive scientist role is to help a small team of mavericks invent transparent, fair, cost effective Artificial Intelligence for Digital Content Optimisation.
Six months at 37.5 hours/week, with possibility of full-time employment depending on success of the project.
You are an independent thinker and embrace constraints. For you, simple wins every time. You see solutions, never problems. You bring imagination, attention to details and reasoning from first principles. You are proactive, responsible, accountable and play well with others. Willing to do things differently.
- Researching, understanding and educating on relevant literature on bias, transparency and learning in Artificial Intelligence.
- Develop and test hypotheses and tools for implementing transparency and fairness in AI models.
- Develop and test hypotheses on human choices and value attribution with respect to Digital Content Optimisation.
- Graduate degree (master, phd) in cognitive psychology or an equally quantitative/statistically-focussed discipline. Alternatively, demonstrable commercial experience with strong evidence of original research and development.
- Experience in experiment design, modelling and analysis using a programming language (e.g. R, Python, Matab).
- Strong foundation and deep interest in Bayesian/Probabilistic reasoning and analysis.
- Strong interest in learning in Artificial Intelligence.
- Ideally, familiarity with Prospect Theory.
- Strong communication skills.
Job Type: Contract
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Master's (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19