- Central Brighton
- Generous compensation and benefits package
- Front-End Development, Full Stack Development, Software Engineering
- Contract Type
We’re a busy and growing digital agency based in central Brighton, who help our clients evolve to the ever-changing digital landscape. We take a fresh, grounded, and collaborative approach to every project, taking the time to listen and understand our clients, their challenges, and their ambitions.
You will be working on a variety of projects from small responsive email builds through to long-running eCommerce implementations and everything in between. There are no typical projects at NLS, you will get to experience a truly diverse range of tasks, frequently getting the opportunity to learn new technologies, skills, and processes.
This is an ideal role for someone who wants to make a positive contribution to a development team as well as the wider company. You will have the opportunity to shape how we work, with your views and recommendations helping to finesse our approach and technology roadmap.
- Highly experienced in front-end development and have the drive to get the work done
- Able to solve problems independently and as part of a team
- Recognise what you are good at and what you need to learn
- Thrive as a team player and are willing to teach and to learn
- Anticipate, predict and resolve problems before schedules are impacted
Skills and Experience
- Proven commercial experience in software/web development ideally within an agency environment
- Experience of working with PHP an advantage
- Experience of working with CMS’s such as WordPress and Drupal an advantage
- Comfortable using git
- Ability to create clean, logical, modern mark-up plus UI’s using HTML5, CSS3, working with responsive designs
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud
- Experience working in agile project teams
- Knowledge of building accessible sites
- Experience optimising performance on frontend technologies
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills
- Regularly work with other developers to jointly review your own work and share best practice.
In return we can offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A twice-yearly bonus payment for all staff, based on clearly defined collective and individual targets
- A relaxed but focused working environment, with a “no-long-hours” working culture
- The chance to have your say and make a difference in how you develop, how the company develops and how we innovate and create as a team
Please contact Kaye