Senior Technical Program Manager, Documentation
Unity is looking for a highly skilled and self-motivated Technical Program Manager to facilitate operations and communications between our Documentation team and the rest of our global R&D organization. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with technical writers, engineering, product management, and TPMs across R&D, supporting the Docs team in their internal processes and opening doors to collaboration with the rest of the company.
As the ideal candidate, you are comfortable wearing multiple hats: connector, coach, reporter, translator, firefighter. You ride the line between Helper and Leader, acting as a force multiplier for the teams you are embedded with. You have a light-touch project management style, and a commitment to fostering a culture of individual empowerment, ownership, and trust. Your people skills are impeccable, and you have an understanding of and appreciation for working across different cultures.
While the majority of your daily collaborators are local to Brighton, due to the global nature of R&D, some international travel is to be expected.
- Act as a collaborative force to help technical writers and development teams work together fluently, embracing divergent priorities, processes, and cultures
- Work with the Documentation team leadership and Documentation Tools team to build a clear roadmap and track internal projects
- Circulate regular status updates to stakeholders, providing a concise high-level view into the team’s health and progress against goals
- Internalize and evangelize Unity’s core values: users first, best ideas win, in it together, go bold
- Experience in software production / project management, working cross functionally within an engineering organization (or equivalent related experience)
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, to speak to a broad audience
- Ability to gracefully manage change in an organization, working with the current of embedded habits rather than fighting against it
- Demonstrate a proactive, curious mindset. Be willing to ask questions, and be willing to dig for your own answers as well
- Experience working with documentation teams or another content creation discipline
- Working with distributed teams across time zones
- Enterprise-scale software development
- Game development (Unity engine or otherwise)
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.