Unity Learn is an advanced learning platform created to serve the needs of online learners looking to build skills in real-time software development. The platform serves millions of users with diverse goals - from students learning to make their first game to professionals mastering advanced technical topics. Our team is looking for a full-stack Web Developer to lead implementation of an ambitious roadmap designed to help more learners meet their professional and creative goals.
As Lead Web Developer, you will work closely with a talented, global team of engineers to deliver responsive, scalable web platform features and improvements, and to ensure that our architecture and our people are ready to grow into the future. You’ll be embedded in the product development process at every stage, collaborating with product managers and designers to define feasible, high quality solutions to user problems, and to mitigate risks. Your work on Learn, which is part of the Social Impact team at Unity, will have a direct impact on the lives and livelihoods of Unity’s development community across the world.
- Manage and hire new members of the Learn platform engineering team, consisting of front-end, back-end, database, and QA engineers
- Make key decisions, incorporating research and industry best practices, regarding technical solutions and systems architecture
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to deliver top quality code
- Represent the engineering team in product and design conversations, contributing ideas to improve the product, and real-time analysis of technical risks
- Partner with multiple internal and external teams across different time zones
- Create and foster a culture of innovation, inclusivity, collaboration and accountability
- Experience hiring & managing a multi-disciplinary technical team
- Deep understanding and experience in software development and standard methodologies (continuous integration, source control management, code reviews)
- Experience with MySQL, Nginx, uWSGI, Supervisor
- Experience developing learning and training applications and/or learning management systems
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.