What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to design, develop, write, implement, and debug code for new and upgraded software products.
What You Will Do:
- Work with an interdisciplinary agile team of artists, designers, and engineers to design, prototype, and implement new gameplay features
- Provide the Lead Engineer with feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks and implementation concerns
- Generate system documentation and test cases for assigned systems
- Collaborate with the QA staff to identify and fix bugs in a timely manner
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements
- Adhere to the project’s coding standards
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- Help mentor and support more junior members of the team
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years of programming experience in a creative environment
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles
- Experience developing for game consoles
- Experience working on core online gameplay systems
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Excellent communication skills with an interest in collaborating with other non-technical disciplines
- Expertise in C / C++
- Strong 3D math skill
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
If this sounds like you, apply now and mention that you saw this role advertised on the Wired Sussex jobsite.