We have a fantastic opportunity for an individual who has a real passion for VFX, to join our development team to work on exciting new projects in our Total War franchise.
We are looking for a talented VFX Artist to join our team creating effects for exciting new projects within the Total war franchise. You will be working on some of our new strategy PC titles with an experienced team of developers where you will have the opportunity to improve your skillset alongside some of the best creatives in the industry and shape the game.
A good communicator and organiser, you will be an integral part of the team, producing high quality and performant visuals.
As a VFX artist on the team, you will be creating high quality, performant visuals in line with art direction for the project.
You will be working with other project disciplines across the team to construct and maintain an efficient pipeline. You will work collaboratively with production, Artists, Designers and Programmers, communicating clearly in all directions.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Ability to create, implement world class real-time VFX
- Excellent visual awareness and artistic ability
- Experience of working in a professional creative environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of:
- Image manipulation software such as photoshop/substance designer
- Creating animated sprite sheets using After effects or similar.
- Particle system terminology and applications
- Particle editors
- Developed understanding of contemporary shader features and creation workflow
- Strong awareness of industry technology trends
- Love of games
- Knowledge of Houdini and its use in real-time game VFX
Note: Applications for this role must include a portfolio/showreel (or link to a portfolio/showreel). Applications that do not have this information will not be considered.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
If this sounds like you, apply now and mention that you saw this role on the Wired Sussex jobsite.