Head of Digital / eCommerce
Who are Bird & Blend Tea Co.?
A fantastic opportunity to join the management team of one of the UK's leading independent businesses, Bird & Blend Tea Co. during a very exciting & busy time.
Brighton based, with retail stores nationwide, B&B are innovative tea blenders, with both bricks and mortar and online international stores. They are a rapidly growing brand with big ambitions, grown from scratch from a bedroom eight years ago by founders Krisi and Mike.
Our innovative, fun and people-focused approach to both our products and our business is gaining us a passionate following. We are incredibly committed to delivering exceptional customer service and providing great opportunities for our small but growing team.
A fantastic opportunity for an energetic, creative & experienced digital / ecommerce individual to drive forward B&B's digital activity during a time where we are forecasting significant growth for our digital revenue YOY. An exciting challenge for the right candidate who really wants to shape their own role and make a real difference.
The successful candidate will be passionate, have strong commercial awareness, excited by the prospect of driving forward a fast-growing independent business that aims to be a Lovemark brand as well as having a keen understanding of how to drive business profitability through both effective people management and intuitive customer communication.
You will be able to quickly understand the brand, it’s aims and it’s fans to become involved in developing digital strategy. You will be analytics driven with an inquisitive attitude that drives you to solve problems as you come across them and a can do attitude, happy to get stuck in and lead by example.
You will be very organized, with very high attention to detail, able to work to deadlines and under pressure. You will have had at least three years of relevant experience in a senior digital position and be able to work effectively with limited management. You must have experience with all of the following:
- Team development / mentoring / training
- Establishing and delivering creative projects / campaigns, managing budgets etc.
- eCommerce & UX development
- PPC, digital and Facebook advertising
- Email & other forms of digital marketing
Ultimately responsible for the delivery of B&B's digital activity, leading a small team of specialists across digital, marketing and multimedia. Getting stuck in to fill gaps, add expertise and develop the team.
You will report into and work closely with the Founder and Creative Director to set digital strategy and deliver on objectives spanning:
- Customer Acquisition strategy (PPC, FB ads, SEO etc.) – managing budgets, planning and implementation, ensuring we are always delivering fantastic experiences for loyal customers & successfully introducing new ones to the brand.
- Customer Retention activity (UX, Digital engagement, product development, visuals, loyalty engagement & merchandising)
- Proactively working with marketing, product development, production and fulfilment to ensure all seasonal/ new launches are planned for and optimised from a digital perspective.
- Analytical research and planning on behalf of the business.
- Development and management of your team ensuring they are supported to achieve business goals as well as all of their HR and development needs.
- Cost controlling and managing budgets of the digital team to ensure consistent returns on investment.
- Working with other department managers to ensure effective delivery of campaign messages, e.g. Stock and Production, Retail Ops etc.
- Producing schedules/ processes helping to map marketing and digital strategy.
- Reviewing product and campaign performance to make insightful and reactive improvements
- Daily management of all website UX, website issues & ticketing system with external agency
- Assisting the implementation of new systems, website front end and processes across the business including email automation, stock holdings and website UX projects.
We are also working on a loyalty app integration & a migration from Magento to Shopify this year, so experience in both of these areas, as well as project management experience would be useful.
Please note you must have at least three years of relevant experience in a senior digital position, ideally working with FMCG, B2C or a lovemark product/brand with fast growth.
We really care about our people and are proud to offer fantastic development opportunities at all levels of our business. For all your hard work you will get:
- To be a member of a small independent who truly cares about its team, working within a fun, friendly & passionate team culture.
- Competitive salary & rapid progression potential. Please detail salary expectations on your application.
- 28 days annual leave increasing with length of service.
- Staff discount & Monthly tea allowance.
- Pension scheme membership.
- Company laptop and phone, if needed.
Start Date: This role has a flexible start time depending on the right candidate but we are looking for someone asap.
Working hours: 5 days p/week, 40 hours. Some remote working and possible 4 days options available for the right candidate. Flexible hours needed during delivery of key campaigns - boxing day sale, weekend launches etc.