Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced and highly-skilled Senior Engineer to join the team at DabApps.
They will need 3-5 years commercial experience (ideally at an agency) in one of the below:
- A Python Developer: with knowledge of Django and ideally Django REST framework.
- A Mobile Developer: specialising in mobile development with React Native.
We need a motivated programmer who can learn quickly, works well as part of a team, and enjoys the challenge of working on varied projects in a busy client agency.
You should have an understanding of the web stack from top to bottom, and a natural instinct for practical problem-solving.
You should be able to unpack client requirements and make decisions about how best to implement them. You should be able to motivate and guide a team of less experienced developers through discussions of best practices, practical advice and code reviews.
For the foreseeable future this will be a remote role due to the current ongoing situation, with the option of returning fully or partly to a Brighton office-based environment when it is safe to do so.
Below is a list of core technologies and skills we use at DabApps. We are not expecting any candidate to have experience or knowledge in all of these areas. What we are looking for is the ability and desire to learn the areas you don't have, when and if required.
- Django REST framework
- React Native
- Relational databases - MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Linux server administration
- Heroku platform
- Mac or Linux desktop experience
- Agile development
We're looking for a candidate with the technical skills we need, who is also flexible enough to fit into the company and grow with us. We need someone with strong ethical values, who thrives on producing results, can adapt to new challenges, and enjoys learning along the way. The role will be varied and you will need excellent prioritisation and decision making skills. You will need to be able to work effectively in a team-based agile environment, as well as playing a part in the growth and direction of the company as a whole.
If you’re interested in this role and have relevant skills and experience, please consider applying even if your background doesn’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
DabApps is one of Brighton's leading web and mobile app development agencies. We are passionate about producing high-quality work that we and our clients can be proud of. Our values are based on standards compliance and best practice and we are constantly working to improve and streamline our development process. We use open source technology wherever we can, and contribute back to the open source community as much as possible.
Our values are based on collaboration, fun and expertise in the areas we work in.
What are we offering you?
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- A chance to join a growing company and help drive DabApps as we expand
- 25 days paid holiday (pro rata) – plus paid bank holidays
- Flexible working hours – inside core office hours.
- Encouragement and support to take part in Brighton's vibrant creative and digital communities.
- A great working location in the heart of Brighton
- Pension scheme (after qualifying period)
- Regular training and conference opportunities – in-house and external
If you are interested please email your CV, along with a covering letter and salary expectations to email@example.com and we'll be in touch. If you are a developer, preferably include a link to your GitHub account if possible.