Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Shooter IP.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Release Manager to join our talented production team at our studio in Horsham, based in heart of Sussex, England.
In this exciting role, you will bring your previous experience in a Live game environment and work alongside and support the Director of Live Operations and Development Director to oversee and deliver content that is ready for release into the live operations phase.
As a Senior Release Manager on the project, you will play a critical role in the delivery and release of our content. You will have a have completer-finisher mindset in your approach to your work and understand how this impacts the wider team dynamic. You will work closely and collaboratively with the development team, the product owners and the development managers to coordinate safe and reliable delivery of content releases. You will interpret the schedule and communicate with the leadership team when a more flexible, agile approach is required to meet our project goals.
On a day to day basis, you will:
- Plan, coordinate and communicate all the moving parts involved in taking a content release from development, through finalising stages, and out to our players. Working closely with Product Owners and Development Managers, you will be responsible for reliably planning and delivering seasonal content for a brand-new FPS experience.
- Document, track and communicate project status and scheduling changes, and communicate all relevant changes with key members of the team as well as all stakeholders, and adapt the schedule accordingly.
- Drive improvements in our release pipelines and build processes. Work with the various stakeholders to triage a build appropriately as it moves towards its release deadline. Discuss and escalate concerns.
- Ensure tech and decision pipelines are freed up or are made aware of bottlenecks ahead of time.
- Assist Director of Live Operations and Development Director in creating and presenting weekly status reports.
- In this role, you will develop and foster positive relationships within the team and other relevant third parties including internal relationships with SEGA.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Proven experience of delivering AAA games with a minimum of 2 shipped AAA titles; at least one of which has a Live Operations service
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Detail-oriented with very strong organisational skills
- Fluent in Product Development Pipelines and Workflows
- Skilled in Strategic goal setting and tactical execution
- Experience shipping games on consoles.
- Experience working with live game services
- Advanced skills with software such as PowerBi, Excel, PowerQuery
- Previous experience working in one or more of the following roles would be advantageous:
- Deployment management
- Data or Business Analysis
- SharePoint and Office macros
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
If this sounds like you, apply now and mention that you saw this role advertised on the Wired Sussex website.