Development Director – Historical Total War franchise
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Development Director to join our Total War team on our next historical tentpole project. This role based at our studio in Horsham, based in the heart of Sussex, UK.
In this highly collaborative role, you will lead the team to success in our game development and be responsible for the planning, supporting, and execution of the project. You will also be helping and advising the game team to use and to continuously improve their processes and methodologies to bring the best performance out of the team.
As a Development Director on this new and exciting project, you will manage and own the processes of a fantastic cross discipline game team who are both experienced and passionate about their craft. You will bring all your knowledge and experience to help to plan, execute, and communicate our project plan to the team and the wider studio instilling confidence across the board. You will bring a data informed but people led mindset to support the project delivery, and help build and maintain a positive, open, informed, and focused team.
On a day to day to basis you will:
- Define and continuously improve the development process using the best methodology possible to predict, and deliver on time, and on quality
- Foster team engagement and agile processes, while creating and maintaining long term roadmap of deliverables and budget
- Plan and execute the short and long-term schedules and reporting to ensure efficient, reliable, and accurate delivery
- Liaise with the project and company leadership in defining the deliverables, goals and KPIs to provide visibility, and status updates
- Broadcast key project dates, goals, KPIs and processes to the team and wider studio when relevant
- Periodically introspect into the team’s overall status
- Anticipate and solve problems independently, and collaboratively with the project leadership
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- AAA Games experience in planning and delivering large scale projects
- A methodological and data informed approach, and good understanding of technology
- Outstanding knowledge of project management software and tools
- Experience and ability to connect people, build and maintain a team through cooperation and collaboration
- Excellent organisational, management and problem-solving skills and mentality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Completer-Finisher mindset, ability to identify and pre-empt problems and issues others might have missed and see them through to resolution
- Expert in Agile methodology
- Experience with scaled Agile
- Avid gamer
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
If this sounds like you, apply now and mention that you saw this role on the Wired Sussex jobsite.