Deployment Manager – New IP
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Shooter IP.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Deployment Manager to join our talented production team at our studio in Horsham, based in heart of Sussex, England.
In this exciting role, you will work alongside and assist the Director of Live Operations as well as the project Development Director to oversee and deliver content, ensuring it is ready for release and deployed into the live operations phase.
As the Deployment Manager on the project, you will be responsible for collaborating with the Production, Brand and Development teams to coordinate and prepare the many game development components within the release cycle. You will bring your knowledge and experience to support deployment from releasing updates through to a live game, across all supported platforms, to then monitoring the performance and health of the release post launch.
On a day to day basis, you will:
- Plan release activities together with other departments; identify release-related dependencies, risks and restrictions, while working with various stakeholders from Development, Infrastructure and QA.
- Understand the complex mechanisms of how a live game and its supporting services fit together and the implications of changes in any part of a Live Game. You will also be able to put yourself in the player’s position and advocate for consumer driven quality even if it conflicts with the development teams priorities.
- Interpret the schedule and communicate with the leadership team when a more flexible, agile approach is required to meet the project demands and objectives.
- Coordinate the efforts and deadlines involved in all stages of a live release, ensuring smooth and timely communication among different platforms and stakeholders
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Proven experience of delivering AAA games with a minimum of 2 shipped AAA titles; at least one of which has a Live Operations service
- Console release experience
- Experience in working with live game services
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the drive to seek out ways to improve our process, team or project
- The ability to identify and assess risks and communicate ways to mitigate them
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience with Build / CI pipelines advantageous
- Advanced skills with software such as PowerBi, Excel, PowerQuery
Previous experience working in one or more of the following roles would be advantageous:
- Build management
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
If this sounds like you, apply now and mention that you saw this role on the Wired Sussex jobsite.