This is a rare opportunity to lead the team responsible for campaign gameplay on the next historical total war project.
You will work closely with the projects directors to build high quality gameplay systems and guide the development of the campaign side of the Total War game.
A successful applicant will take responsibility for hiring, leading and mentoring within your team. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the ongoing technical effort which will drive all total war games moving forward. You would work with designers and artists to create high-quality gameplay features, including contributing to the design and iteration of those features. Take ownership of new and existing features, and see those features through production to release. Create high-quality, maintainable code using up-to-date C++ practices.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Proven leadership ability
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in designing and implementing large systems
- Passionate about providing users with software that is effective and enjoyable to use
- Experience in developing on Windows with Visual Studio
- Solid AAA games experience
- Experience developing gameplay systems for strategy games or similar
- Broad gaming experience and a sense of good game design
- A keen player of strategy games and games in general, including Total War
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Perforce and other source control experience
- Familiarity with Lua integration and scripting
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
If this sounds like you, apply now and mention that you saw this role advertised on the Wired Sussex jobsite.