Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Shooter IP.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior QA Lead to join our talented QA team at our studio in Horsham, based in heart of Sussex, England.
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for the planning and organising of the test strategy and the Development QA team on the project. With a focus on assisting the QA Manager you will oversee the day to day task running, mentoring and organisation of our Development QA staff.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable leading staff, who can drive the completion of tasks for both themselves and their team under the direction of the QA Manager and Development Managers.
As a Senior QA Lead, the primary functions of the role are to enable the finding, grading, and reporting of defects completely and concisely, communicating key defects, feedback and testing requirements to stakeholders in both QA and the rest of the development team. You will aim towards releasing the highest overall quality product possible by the given deadlines achieved through effective management of a group of testers.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Conduct Probationary reviews for all new starters and conducting 1 to 1s and/or performance improvement plans for QA Leads as well as Senior members
- Assess project progress and request additional resources
- Work closely with the QA Manager and lead recruitment interviews as required and maintain the high-level QA test plan schedule, QA test plans & all other QA documentation in conjunction with publisher QA
- Work closely with the QA Manager and other QA Leads to ensure that the vision for QA professional standards, and QA processes across the various phases of the project from production to post launch DLC are achieved
- Mentor and develop your team of testers in their own career goals and developing them to be better testers
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A passion for quality
- Proficient time management and organisational skills, able to handle multiple tasks and meet set deadlines and priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to relay important information in the most suited format
- Significant game or software development QA experience as well as working in a lead/manager role
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and career development
- Ability to follow set process and a methodical approach when investigating issues
- Ability to self-manage and generate tasks to drive the process and testing of an area
- A passion for video games and a desire to be part of the creative process involved in developing video games
- Previous leadership experience working in Games or other related fields is highly desirable
- A University degree or equivalent in a relevant field that can be applied to Audio Games Testing
- Previous experience working on a AAA title in a development studio
- Passion for First Person shooting games
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Knowledge of the development process and the various disciplines involved
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, TestRail and Perforce
- Experience with BI reporting software, such as Microsoft Power BI
Please note, we cannot sponsor a VISA for this position so applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
If this sounds like you, apply now and mention that you saw this role advertised on the Wired Sussex jobsite.