Communications and Product Sales Manager
- £28,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
- Sales, Editorial / Content, Marketing / PR
- Mid-Level, Senior-Level
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
We are looking for a Communications and Product Sales Manager to join the team at OCSI.
The Communications and Product Sales Manager will be a fixed-term maternity cover role for between 12 and 14 months depending on start date, reporting to the Management Team.
This role at OCSI will suit a self-starting individual with experience working in a marketing and product sales role in a small organisation. It is a great opportunity to work with public sector and third sector organisations, supporting them to use data better to make better decisions.
Sounds like my cup of tea – what does OCSI do?
Based in Brighton, we are a social research consultancy with a strong technical focus. We use our expertise in research and technology to provide tools, analysis and support for organisations working for social good. We work at the cutting-edge of data, digital and public sector – take a look at https://ocsi.uk/ to find out more about the projects we are working on.
Although we are based in Brighton, we are happy to accept applications from across the UK for this role as we are currently working remotely. Should this change, you may be required to visit the office in Brighton a few times a year.
So, what does a Communications and Product Sales Manager do?
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing the organisation’s marketing strategy and for the full sales cycle for our SaaS product, Local Insight.
You will be expected to:
Marketing and Communications:
- Develop a very good understanding of the needs and challenges of our key markets, be able to spot and document key trends and changes
- Plan content calendar and ensure internal and external publishing deadlines are met
- Generate ideas for creative content that appeals to target audiences
- Write compelling content for multiples channels, audiences and purposes
- Have a very good understanding of marketing communication tactics and use your initiative to do your own research around these topics
- Turn information into insights about marketing campaigns
- Manage and maintain all content on the OCSI website
- Design marketing collateral where needed using InDesign or similar platforms
- Manage OCSI’s social media accounts
- Manage all logistics for exhibiting at conferences (liaising with organisers, travel, accommodation, couriers, set up and merchandise)
- Attend conferences on behalf of OCSI and confidently talk about all of OCSI’s products and services in terms of benefits and real life use cases
- Develop in-depth knowledge of product functionality and FAQs
- Develop very good knowledge of the data available in the system and what to highlight to audiences
- Organise and run all product demos - ensuring key messages and benefits covered and real life use cases given (these will largely be run remotely, but you may be asked to travel if safe to do so)
- Be adaptable to different audiences, including presenting to senior decision makers
- Provide feedback and feature requests to the product team
- Manage free trial process and follow up with leads
- Manage and maintain the CRM system
- Manage subscription renewals process
Great! And what skills do I need to fit the bill?
We are looking for:
- At least 3 years experience working in a marketing communications role
- Some experience with product sales
- Experience and understanding of working in a small business environment
- A fast learner, able to get up-to-speed quickly and use initiative
- Adaptive and creative approach to problem solving
- Proven track record of self-management and able to work with little or no supervision
- Excellent communication skills, able to ask insightful questions to gather information
- A credible and convincing spokesperson and negotiator for the company
- An interest in social and public policy issues, and different ways to help tackle social problems
Bonus skills/ experience (desirable, but not essential).
- Previous experience in a SaaS role
- Previous experience working on social and public policy issues
- Previous experience in a business development role
- Good quantitative research skills, comfortable analysing data in Microsoft Excel or other standard packages
- Good knowledge of descriptive statistics
Anything else I should know?
- The starting salary will be £28,000 - £30,000 per annum depending on experience.
- This is a full-time, fixed-term maternity cover contract.
- We are accepting applications from anywhere in the UK
- The team is currently working fully remotely due to the pandemic and we expect you will be working remotely. However, if this were to change, you would be expected to come to the office a few times during the year.
What we offer
- 30 days annual holiday + bank holidays (pro rata)
- Annual performance-related bonus (following a successful probationary period)
- Flexible working hours
How to apply
If you like the sound of all this, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or for an informal chat regarding the role, please contact Kimberley on the email above.
The deadline for applications is Friday 27th November 2020 and we are looking to schedule interviews from the week beginning 30th November 2020 for a January start date.
We reserve the right to fill the position early so please don’t delay in sending your application.
We look forward to hearing from you!