Imagine….you’re working as a Business Development Executive in central Brighton. It’s an exciting time, because you’re ready for a new challenge and this role is perfect because you’re given the freedom to make the role your own. You’re autonomous and hands-on, bringing energy and new ideas that are not only welcomed but celebrated and you’re backed all the way by our CMO, sales and marketing team.
At the moment you’re working from home and it's no problem, because the company’s forward thinking, mature and flexible approach to remote working, makes it an absolute breeze! Your new team can’t wait to meet you virtually, and when you can meet in person, you’re sitting with them in an office located on the 9th floor with stunning views of the sea and the South Downs.
You’ll have the option to work flexibly, whether that be remotely or in the office, and when you do come in, you’re both amused and mildly irritated by the temperamental lift (it all depends if you get stuck in it...which is rare). But you know what? It’s not that much of a deal because it’s more than outweighed by the company’s inclusive culture and desire for your working day to be inspiring, fulfilling and productive.
If you’ve been searching for a role like this….You’ve found it.
Who we are and what we’ll offer you
Bright is the company behind Asset Bank and Dash. We are an established agile software company and Digital Asset Management (DAM) specialist based in Brighton and we are proud to work with over 800 global clients including 20 FTSE 100.
We offer Digital Asset Management solutions which help brand managers, marketers and digital asset specialists organise, control and share their images, videos and other digital files.
You will be joining the Asset Bank team with responsibility for driving outbound sales opportunities for our Asset Bank product.
We have focused strongly on creating good communication channels and still have daily check-ins, lots of online meetings and use a variety of tools to stay connected. We’ve been working hard to retain our company culture to ensure our teams feel connected to Bright and we’re putting the same emphasis on work/life balance, fulfilling, productive and enjoyable work - just as we did before when we were office based.
We offer a range of great benefits including a supportive & collaborative work environment, 25 days holiday, flexible work hours, income protection and monthly wellness contribution. In normal times, we have company funded outings, monthly lunch club, treats, and drinks after 4pm on Friday. We are doing as many of these things virtually and will revive others when we can. We’re particularly proud of our profit share scheme that ensures every member of the team benefits from our success.
Our supportive leadership style means you get to make your own decisions and take responsibility for your own approach to work. As a result, we have very motivated, committed and energetic people who can make a real difference to what we do and how we do it.
Check out our meet the team video, website & Glassdoor page to get a flavour of who we are.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a positive and enthusiastic New Business Development Executive to join our talented sales team. You’ll be responsible for identifying and pursuing new business opportunities for our flagship product, Asset Bank. The role is focused on building and developing our outbound channels, and ultimately matching companies who’d most benefit from our digital asset management software solution. There will also be an opportunity to work with inbound sales further down the line.
Whilst being supported by the team & mentored by our CMO, you’ll have the freedom to manage your day and workload. This is a sales role and will sit in the sales team but you will work closely with other teams - especially marketing, who’ll be there to support you with sales campaigns and initiatives.
What you will be responsible for
- Research and identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services - or new ways of reaching existing markets
- Work with sales and marketing to generate leads and develop opportunities from outbound activities
- Provide specialist advice on our products when speaking to prospects
- Help to plan sales campaign and creating a sales pipeline
- Build and maintain a strong understanding of our products, our competition in the industry and positioning
- Understand the Digital Asset Management (DAM) markets and which market strategies can be used to attract clients
- Follow the latest industry developments and stay up-to-date on competitors
Skills You will have:
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in a similar role
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills with the ability to build relationships with prospects quickly
- Experience researching market trends with the ability to pinpoint the target audience
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- A focus on organisation skills, and the ability to juggle many tasks at once.
- B2B sales experience, ideally in selling a SaaS product
- The technical skills required to understand and propose products or solutions that meet client requirements
- The ability to communicate information, whether technical or non-technical, in a clear and engaging way.
Salary range: £30k-£40k depending on experience
You will benefit from a sales bonus with an individual and team component, Benefits + Profit share