Tonic Games Group brings together a family of world-class developers and publishers who believe that games are for everyone. More than 300 people strong; we bring together Mediatonic, Fortitude Games and The Irregular Corporation to create original IP and to invest in independent game developers globally
We are continuing to build on our ambitions and projects and, as such, we are looking to hire a Senior Marketing Manager to join us at The Irregular Corporation.We are a successful independent games publisher, focusing on releasing original games for niche markets and communities. Find out more about us here: https://theirregularcorporation.com/
We’re a small, fun and nimble team of experienced professionals, with every member having direct input on strategy, decision making and company performance. Due to the success of recent launches and rapid growth of the company, we’re excited to be expanding our team!
We’re a remote working organisation, so you can work from anywhere. We use instant messaging, video calls and documentation to communicate, and we all get together in London once a quarter (frequency may change).
- Developing marketing strategies for titles, working closely with the Franchise Director and key stakeholders.
- Creating effective targeted marketing by developing a thorough understanding of potential audiences.
- Planning and executing against those marketing strategies with the correct mix of marketing activity to suit each title’s audience and marketing budget.
- Creating and maintaining relationships with our brand partners.
- Working closely with social media, community and support staff to deliver campaign messages across multiple channels.
- Working with social media and community staff to develop a network of influencers & content creators for each franchise or title.
- Commissioning trailers, content, marketing and advertising assets for use in campaigns, working alongside influencers and content creators where appropriate.
- Working with external agencies and freelancers to deliver the above assets to a high standard.
- Tracking and reporting on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and activity.
You will be:
- A product marketer with 8+ years experience marketing quality video game titles on PC or console.
- A creative all-rounder, who can come up with a clear strategy for a title, and deliver a high-quality campaign execution on the back of it.
- Passionate about PC gaming and PC hardware.
- Experienced in working alongside high-profile brands.
- Beyond organised, with excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of independence.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Understanding and enthusiasm for technology, including cutting edge hardware and software.
- Experience writing clear, concise, and engaging copy for products and marketing campaigns.
- A clear grasp of what makes great quality video, art and advertising assets.
- Ability to write effective creative briefs for commissioning assets and content.
- An understanding of digital retail platforms for games, informed by real-world experience.
- Experience managing relationships with influencers, and delivering influencer created content to a fixed schedule.
- A strong grasp of data and analytics, and how they can be employed to test and refine games marketing ideas.
- Strong business acumen – an understanding of what makes good partnerships work.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with consumer insight data.
- Experience publishing and marketing PC games on Steam.
- Experience commissioning research and running surveys and beta tests.
- Additional languages.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including remote working private health care.
How to apply & really impress us.
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why.
If this sounds like a good fit, apply now and mention that you saw this role on the Wired Sussex job site.