About the Role | Who are we looking for?
Due to our increasing success and growth, we are growing our team of enthusiastic experts. We are looking for a Systems Technician to join our Systems and Support Team. We are particularly interested in a candidate that has a penchant for building and rebuilding PCs, can carefully follow instructions when provided, and can think systematically to create their own instructions when guidance is loosely defined.
- You will work on our core Delta Media Server, Stack, and Juggler platforms to fulfil future functionality requirements – taking a hands-on approach to product development.
- The right candidate is excited about becoming an expert user of our products and should have, or can rapidly develop, a deep technical understanding of our place in the industry.
- You are excited about the opportunity to travel to support and train customers, as well as supporting demonstrations and mock-ups.
- You like to help people achieve success and will continue to uphold our reputation for providing excellent support remotely and in person.
- You are comfortable working alone or as part of a small team.
- You can think critically and solve challenges systematically.
Mandatory Technical Skills and Experience | The ‘Must Haves’
Candidates must have demonstrable experience of the last six months in all the following areas:
- Solid grasp of Microsoft Windows, third-party applications, hardware, drivers, registry tweaking, etc.
- Experience in the assembly of computer hardware
- Basic knowledge of IP networking concepts
- Basic understanding of audio-visual and control systems flow, media production workflows, and digital media formats
- Proven good attitude, resourcefulness, dedication, and decision-making under pressure of high-profile projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and able to multitask
- Driving License
- Valid passport
Additional Useful Technical Skills | The ‘Helpful to Haves’
- Familiarity with media servers and servers generally
- Understanding of professional A/V technology and functionality
- Knowledge of the role of a media server in a themed-entertainment environment
- A+ or Network+ certification or similar
Why work for us?
- Competitive salary
- Private healthcare
- 23 days annual holiday (plus 8 English public holidays) rising by 1 day per full year service up to a maximum of 28 days
- Non-contractual profit-sharing scheme (dependent upon revenue/margin targets being met)
- Friendly, dynamic small team
- Relaxed but hardworking environment
- Lovely rural office location (we are based in the south downs national park)
This is full time position, 40-hours per week, Monday – Friday. This role may require some national and international travel to other office locations, client, and vendor sites.
7thSense UK Head Office
2, The Courtyard, Shoreham Road, Upper Beeding, West Sussex BN44 3TN
For more information, please contact us on:
Closing Date: Applications will be reviewed on receipt.
Starting Salary Guide £20,500 - £25,000 p/a dependent on experience
Internal Salary Grade T1 / T2 dependent on experience
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES, PLEASE
Who is 7thSense?
7thSense is a privately-owned creative software and technology company with offices in Upper Beeding (Sussex) and London in the UK, and Royal Oak (Michigan), Orlando (Florida) and Burbank (California) in North America.
Established in 2004, we specialise in advanced media serving, pixel management and show control for markets including Theme Parks, Planetariums, Digital Signage, Live Events, Projection Mapped Installations, 3D Entertainment Theatres and Visitor Attractions.
With our Delta Media Server®, Juggler® and Medialon product ranges, we’ve delivered media serving, pixel management and show control solutions worldwide to many big-name venues and attractions.