Front End/Full-Stack Developer
- Competitive. Please state salary expectations.
- Front-End Development, Back-End Development, Full Stack Development
- Contract Type
addmustard is a full service, digital marketing agency that works with entrepreneurial businesses to help them to grow efficiently. Put simply, we’re built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. Our amazingly talented team is made up of those people who do more, think more, and act more (and quite often, celebrate more…) and we are fascinated by the kind of people who get a kick out of delivering something great. Our team has many years of in-house experience with clients, so we understand the pressures and take the responsibility of helping our clients grow their businesses incredibly seriously.
Essentially, we want to attract great people and keep them. And attract great clients and keep them.
Simple, right? That’s where you come in.
Who we’re looking for
Regardless of whether you get your kicks from a night in with a GA dashboard or you’re an authority on acquisition, addmustard is built from individuals who love a challenge. For the most part, we don’t just work with our entrepreneurial clients on individual campaigns or channels, but we immerse ourselves deeply into their businesses and work alongside them to solve fundamental commercial and digital challenges. Which means we need people who love to get right to the nub of a problem and ask the questions that others are avoiding, as well as offering the solutions that have yet to be thought of. We’ve built (and are very proud of) our completely flat and integrated organisational structure – we don’t care where the good ideas come from, as long as they can be turned into something amazing and tangible.
So, if any of the following sound like you, it’s probably time we organised a beer and a chat.
- You genuinely care about delivering results
- You think outside the box… is a complete cliché (but do it anyway)
- You’re an expert in your field, but also love to look holistically across all channels and campaigns
- You’re hands on and not afraid to get stuck in
- You’re a passionate problem solver
- You’re dynamic
- You’re looking for a working environment where the whole team loves coming to work, supports each other and feels relaxed
- The idea of socialising with colleagues doesn’t fill you with dread.
In return for your experience, creativity and incredible mind, we’ll make sure you work with and are trained by industry experts at the forefront of digital marketing. Our senior management is open, honest and transparent which means we regularly share financial, team, and client performance with the whole agency. You can choose the hours you work, provided they fit with our team and clients’ requirements, and you’ll enjoy a bi-annual training budget, generous pension scheme, free gym membership, and ride-to-work scheme. We also offer unlimited holiday. And no, that wasn’t a typo.
We’re looking for an intuitive and dynamic front-end / full-stack developer to join our small but expanding technical team. This isn’t your garden-variety developer role. You will play a crucial part in the innovation, development and enhancement of our clients’ websites and technology. Working alongside, and reporting into, the Technical Services Director, we’re looking for a senior developer who can lead website development, enhancement and build projects across our clients. It will be your responsibility to work with inhouse and external teams to translate requirements into tangible propositions and solutions. Our clients demand constant evolution and adaptation from their technology to meet, and exceed, their customers’ needs. We’re looking for someone who is as talented at devising solutions as they are at building them.
This is an opportunity to work across a variety of beefy projects that cover a range of industries and technical eCommerce platforms – from startups and early stage growth companies to more mature businesses that want to accelerate their growth and leapfrog the competition. You’ll be working alongside a friendly, approachable and experienced multidisciplinary team, exposing you to all stages of the customer journey and life cycle and providing an environment where your skills will be nurtured and developed.
If you are a passionate, hardworking and committed technology professional, this is a great opportunity to join a unique and ambitious agency environment and develop your career surrounded by mentors and experts in the industry.
- Developing web applications
- Interpreting and helping to write requirement briefs, specifications, wireframes and designs
- Problem solving issues on existing sites
- Ownership of web deployment processes for managed client websites
Skills and experience
- Strong HTML, CSS and JS
- Good working knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Strong WordPress CMS experience
- Experience of version control, preferably Git
- Experience working in a process-driven environment
- Strong communication skills
- An appetite for personal learning and development
- Proactive problem solving approach to technical issues and barriers
- An agile mind that can cope with multi-client demands and a wide variety of client cultures and expectations
- Work with and be trained by industry experts at the forefront of digital marketing channels and platforms
- Unlimited holiday
- Flexi time: flexible working hours and work from home, unless you are required for an important meeting at addmustard’s central Brighton office
- £500 personal training budget, allocated every 6 months
- Pension scheme, gym membership and ride to work scheme
- Be part of an amazing, sociable and supportive team with far too frequent nights out/socials/Friday pizza and beers and of course our annual Christmas party abroad!
- Our senior management is open, honest and transparent. This means we regularly share financial, team, and client performance with the whole agency