In late 2019, to support our commitment to product innovation and drive growth, we launched our internal Incubator team. They’re tasked with the rapid development, testing, launching and scaling of new targeted products. The team launched two new offerings in 2020, Brandwatch Reviews and Brandwatch for Education. And there are even more ambitious plans slated for 2021.
We have created an exciting new opportunity for a full time Product Designer to be integrated into our Incubator team. The new Product Designer will ensure the products developed continue to meet our high design standards and delight our customers.
In this role you’ll be leading the full product design process. From UX research, through to high resolution UI design, across the 3 core products managed by the team (Hootsuite Insights, Brandwatch for Education & Brandwatch Reviews). In addition you’ll help with new prototypes and exploratory products developed by the Incubator.
Given the breadth of your remit, products to support, and the fast moving nature of the Incubator team, this position will be exciting and challenging in equal measure. You’ll be across the spectrum of product design from UI to UX and be in direct contact with customers to understand their requirements and evaluate customer research.
Good collaboration and communication skills are key to the role. You’ll be working with diverse stakeholders across the company, from Data Science through to Product and Marketing.
The ideal candidate should compliment their design and UX skills with a flair and originality that’ll make a tangible difference to the outputs of the Incubator. You’ll help us push the boundaries of convention and ultimately make our customers sing out loud with delight.
If you’re a talented Product Designer who is motivated by any of the above, then this could be the perfect role for you.
About the Team
You’ll be joining our Product Design team which is split across Brighton, Stuttgart and Berlin. We have a wide range of skills from pure user research through to pure visual design, and a number of people with a blend in between.
- Have at least 3 years aggregated commercial experience working as a product designer on digital products (web apps/SaaS preferred over mobile/native)
- Present a portfolio during your interview that demonstrates excellence in your craft and shows us your process of translating outcomes into outputs
- Have experience working across multi-disciplinary teams while context shifting across multiple projects
- Be able to plan, organise, and execute all aspects of the design stages from concept to release while keeping to tight deadlines
- Be able to distil and translate complex requirements into modern, accessible, and inviting experiences
- Have experience in planning and conducting user research (generative and evaluative) and translating those findings into design opportunities
- Demonstrate strong core design principles in colour, typography, psychology, movement, and behaviour
- Know how to work within established design systems / pattern libraries
- Have strong communication, influencing and relationship-building skills
- Document and present your work efficiently and effectively to a variety of stakeholders and colleagues from juniors through to execs
- Have a passion for data visualisation
- Have designed and tested information dashboards before
- Have experience designing for mobile contexts
What we offer:
We offer a range of benefits including; flexible working, generous paid time off, community focused resource groups like a Green committee and D&I committee, and a competitive benefits package.
Flexible and Remote Working
We believe that our success is directly tied to allowing people to do their best work. Whether you do your best work fully remote, within one of our offices, or a combination of the two, we have all the tools and resources available to make your individual and collaborative work possible.
As we are all currently remote, we have a Social team who continue to engage the company in lots of diverse and fun activities company wide. Feel reassured that we’ll make your onboarding experience with us as personable as possible.