Experienced PHP Developer
- Think Learning
- Flexible, though must be UK
- £35k-£42k plus bonuses, depending on experience
- Back-End Development
- Full-Time, Part-Time, Flexible
- Contract Type
We are looking for an experienced Learning Technology Developer to join our technical team, with a focus on supporting our Totara learning and performance technologies. Think Learning is a Platinum Totara Partner, and our track record means we are the "go to" supplier for this system in UK healthcare and other compliance-based sectors. We’re building out our product portfolio, and our expansion means we’re now looking for an experienced, proactive developer to join us.
We expect a strong focus on providing the very best technical solutions and advice to our clients, and whilst this job role is focused on technical development, you will also play a role in supporting the wider team, wherever possible including some work on implementation projects. This is a great opportunity to join a strong and growing team, and accelerate your career in learning technologies. We reward hard work with promotions, improved salaries and bonuses.
Your role will be split between developing bespoke new features for our Totara LMS solution, helping find/fix faults with our client services team, and eventually working on our new product stack.
Experience of Totara or Moodle is desired. It’s likely that you will have already spent a year or two working with these or similar LMS/CMS systems.
We’re ideally looking for a permanent full-time member of our team, though we’re committed to flexibility and work/life balance and will consider part-time arrangements too.
Key skill requirements
- Demonstrable experience of a modern framework like Laravel
- Knowledge of designing complex MySQL queries
- An understanding of responsive, mobile-first design
- Experience of writing and consuming web services (Rest / JSON / XML)
- Familiar with SCRUM/Dev-ops methodology with experience of version control systems such as GIT
- Problem-solving experience in dealing with complex technical and configuration queries.
Bonus points for
- Previous experience with Moodle/Totara development
- Experience of Node, Vue.js and GraphQL
- Experience of developing (not just configuring) plugins for WordPress
- Good knowledge of web accessibility & UI best practice
- Unit testing/ Continuous Integration (automated build, test & deployment)
Think is a fun place to work, with a close, friendly team. In your role you will also benefit from:
- 25 days holiday plus English bank holidays.
- Flexible working, we are happy to work around childcare commitments.
- Allowance towards personal devices/broadband/mobile.
- A personal development (training) budget