The Unit is looking for a talented and experienced Senior Developer to join our fast paced design and development agency in the heart of the North Laine. You’ll join a creative, multi-disciplined team of developers UX/UI designers, and digital project managers in the delivery of varied, interesting and complex digital projects.
Working collaboratively with the Technical Lead and other developers you’ll deliver highly robust, secure and scalable solutions in a number of languages, platforms and frameworks and will be able to apply yourself quickly to any given project. You’ll collaborate with the UX/UI designers to understand design concepts, and advise how they can be implemented technically within constraints.
This is a client facing role so you’ll have good communications skills, you’ll take a lead role in designing technical solutions, which you’ll confidently articulate to internal and external stakeholders. You’ll input into proposals, pitches, SOW and internal documents, producing well written and professional technical documentation. From the initial pitch through implementation, delivery and ongoing support; you’ll provide technical direction throughout the whole lifecycle of projects.
As an agency we work on a variety of different projects of varying sizes, with each project using a tech stack appropriate for the project. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience across a range of technologies, languages and patterns, and will have the ability and confidence to quickly learn new skills as required.
- Strong experience developing across the entire stack including both frontend and backend development.
- Strong, provable experience working with React and NodeJS, ideally using TypeScript for both.
- Strong, provable experience writing Object Oriented PHP, ideally using the Laravel Framework
- Strong understanding of both Functional and Object Oriented programming, with hands-on experience using both paradigms.
- Strong understanding of different design patterns and architectures including MVC and Event Driven architectures.
- Excellent frontend development skills, including HTML, CSS, JS and task runners & bundlers (Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, etc)
- Ability to utilise and build RESTful API web services.
- Previous exposure to Continuous Delivery & Automated Testing Approaches
- A good understanding of various hosting/server setups using cloud systems (Fortrabbit, Google Cloud, Amazon AWS)
- Using AWS Lambdas and the Serverless framework.
- Experience using AWS, including using CloudFormation to deploy infrastructure.
- Drupal development.
- An understanding and experience of containerization and related technologies, e.g., Docker
- Experience with Test Driven Development processes, plus an understanding and experience in coding to SOLID principles
- A level of Python experience
- Mobile Application development
- An interest in IoT and connected devices such as chatbots
- Knowledge or experience using AI systems (custom or third party services)
This role is currently remote. However we are a creative, sociable bunch and value face to face collaboration and staff meets that don't involve Google or Zoom. So if you value this too we will love working with you in person when the time is right.
Please send a cover letter with your CV so we can learn a bit more about you; why you love what you do, and what you love to do outside of work (pandemic restrictions aside!).
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Regular socials and friendly team mates
- A creative studio environment in the heart of the North Laine
- Cycle to work scheme