Community Manager - Permanent, Full time
Join the Futur!
FuturLab is an award-winning game studio based in Brighton, UK. We’ve been around since 2003 and develop and publish original games on PC and console. Currently working on PowerWash Simulator, we pride ourselves on developing the most engaging ideas, and always seek to elicit three levels of response from our target audience: 1) Ooh, cool! 2) Ahh, I see! 3) Damn, that's really clever actually...
To help us maintain our ethos, FuturLab is looking for a Community Manager to join the Marketing team permanently. The role can either be based out of our sunny seaside office in the vibrant city of Brighton and Hove (when possible) or working remotely.
Your Futur Role:
As Community Manager, your first challenge will be to create and build a community strategy for our upcoming project PowerWash Simulator, as well as consolidate and evolve the community-building efforts of the FuturLab brand.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Communications, this role enjoys extensive autonomy to define the community strategy that will drive the success of our marketing, PR, and community engagement efforts.
What You Will Do:
- Working with key stakeholders, build, develop and execute the community strategy for original IP and the studio brand across a range of channels, such as Twitch, YouTube, Instagram, Discord, Twitter, Reddit, and forums.
- Create a wide range of engaging multimedia content for use across all owned social media channels to inform, acquire, and engage community members.
- Build relationships and collaborate with relevant influencers.
- Deliver regular community reports advising on sentiment, campaign performance and customer insights.
- Engage with the community on livestreams, podcasts, and forward-facing events, becoming a trusted point of communication both internally and externally, supporting community-driven content and bringing players together.
- Be required to perform live, on-stage game demos at industry events.
- Be the primary evangelist for the games that we develop and become an identifiable brand spokesperson for the studio.
Who You Are:
- 2+ years' experience in a community facing role in the games industry.
- Demonstrable livestreaming and content creation experience, and are familiar with current livestream tech/viral trends.
- Experience working on GaaS.
- Experience in devising effective social media and community plans across multiple territories and channels.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret game telemetry data, to provide conclusions and recommendations.
- Experience using video capture and video editing packages.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Interest in following the latest trends and upcoming releases in both gaming and mainstream culture.
- Multi-lingual skills.
FuturLab foster an inclusive and welcoming culture, we actively encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Check out the life at FuturLab page (www.futurlab.co.uk/life-at-futurlab) for reasons why you’d love working here!
If you have the skills, experience and passion for the role then please CLICK HERE to apply with your latest CV and either a showreel or links to livestreams or content that you have created.
We typically receive a high number of applicants and therefore favour candidates who have taken time to include a cover letter. We love to hear about you, about what makes you tick and how you meet the requirements of the role.
Sadly, candidates without a valid UK work Visa cannot be considered - FuturLab do not have a licence to sponsor candidates outside of the EU. We offer UK and EU nationals a relocation package to help with a move to the area.
- Competitive salary dependent on experience.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Relocation package.
- Staff referral bonus.
- 28 days holiday + 2 duvet days.
- Friday Fun drinks (when we’re able to be together again).
- Regular social activities (currently done virtually)