Tillo is a global SaaS platform making it super simple for reward, incentive and perks businesses to get gift cards. As the original industry innovators, we used our world-class, agile technology to really shake up the gift card market, pioneering innovation and boosting investment, but we’re not done yet! We have big ambitions and are on an exciting journey as we seek to power the entire incentive and perk industry globally with our infrastructure. We’re now seeking a Backend Software Engineer to help propel us to the next level…
Our mission at Tillo is to become a global payment infrastructure for the B2B gift card industry. We’re the market leader in the UK and are active in a number of markets including the US, Europe, Australia and India. To continue working towards that goal, we have an exceptional development team creating and constantly evolving our unique technology.
If you want to be at the cutting edge of digital innovation, work within a fast paced, growing start-up, and looking for a career-defining role, then keep reading.
We’re looking for an exceptional software engineer to join our fantastic team where you will be helping to build our own new SaaS products and expanding our existing core products. If you’re a experienced developer, particularly if you’re passionate about working with Python, PHP and Laravel, get in touch.
You will be working with a great team of experienced people rapidly developing new features on our proprietary platform. You’ll also be working very closely with the biggest and coolest brands in the UK and globally!
We work as a team to define and drive forward what we want to build and have regular meetings where you'd help shape our future.
Main duties and areas of responsibility:
- Working on building out and maintaining our existing projects and implementing new greenfield initiatives from the ground up.
- Maintaining our integration to the open banking API.
- Building upon our own internal analytics and reporting services.
- Integrating to third-party services and APIs.
- DevOps - monitoring and maintaining both test and production environments.
- Maintaining the high standards of our codebase.
- Mentoring other team members.
- Working with Python.
- Building and integrating to APIs.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal, as you may be liaising with internal and external customers on a regular basis.
- Using version control such as git and branching patterns such as git-flow.
- Understanding of the OWASP Top 10 and secure development principles.
- Docker and packaging python applications into containers.
- PHP and Laravel
- AWS Lambda and other services.
- Designing efficient SQL queries and schemas.
- Writing automated tests (both unit and functional - experience with Test-Driven Development is a bonus).
- Working with high performance systems at scale.
- Familiar working within Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Front-end frameworks such as Vue.js/React/AngularJS.
What’s it like to work at Tillo?
We offer all our employees trust and empower our team to work with flexibility and autonomy. We’re a close-knit team though and love working collaboratively, whether at our fantastic head office in Hove or remotely (we’ve always offered a level of remote working and the current climate has proven just how productive and resourceful we are!). The Tillo team are a motivated bunch and we all work hard to push Tillo forwards, always innovating. However, we completely understand the importance of work/life balance and offer a supportive and collaborative working environment with the following benefits:
- Designated Shares Options for all employees.
- 26 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Monthly company lunches.
- Quarterly away days where we do everything from helping local charities to traditional team building activities.
- Quarterly staff engagement surveys - to listen and act on the employee voice.
- Monthly wellbeing events.
- Retail discounts.
- Well stocked drinks fridge and snack cupboards.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Raising money for a charity outside of work? We’ll match whatever you raise with our charitable matching contribution.
- Volunteering scheme partnering with OnHand.
If you’d like to learn more please contact our Head of People - Briony Robertson at firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please. Tillo does not accept speculative CV’s. We will only review CV’s sent in application for an advertised role. Any speculative CV’s received will be treated as the property of Tillo and any Terms and Conditions associated with use of the CV’s will be considered null and void.