Anything is Possible. We believe this so much, we made it our brand.
aip is a media buying & marketing agency that specialises in data-driven, integrated communications and media planning across all digital and offline channels, plus end-to-end creative services. Using proprietary audience planning technology aligned with business goals, aip develops bespoke integrated media solutions for forward-thinking brands.
The truth is, focusing on media channels, CPMs, cookies, or impressions is a mistake made far too often. It leads to high-frequency, low-quality and low-impact campaigns that annoy people and are subsequently forgotten.
Agencies and advertisers need to respect people's time and understand the value of their attention. Today’s campaigns have to be more empathetic and emotionally engaging than ever before to gain valuable attention. What's more, they need to create long-lasting
consumer relationships that drive tangible business outcomes.
We think it's time for something different. Something better.
Founded in 2017 and led by Mark and Sam, aip creates better brand and consumer connections to make advertising more enjoyable, engaging, and effective.
The business holds to five principles that help us to disrupt the agency world for the better.
1. Transparency - Nothing is hidden because we are proud of the value we bring to our client partnerships.
2. Connect and automate - We get excited when we can connect and automate things - when we move time from tasks that generate minimum value into tasks that generate lots of value.
3. Frictionless - Working with us is easy. In fact, we will be the easiest partner our clients have ever worked with.
4. Smarter - Working with us helps our clients to work smarter. Working for us, helps
you to become smarter.
5. Agility - Flexible working & diverse talent delivers better performance. We think that people who think differently help us to deliver better solutions.
Working at Anything is Possible should be a life changing experience. Bold words we know, but that's why we set up the business. Agency life doesn't have to be overworked and underpaid. It should be about working on great projects, with great benefits and a healthy work-life balance.
We believe anything is possible and need people to help us achieve it. Working alongside the aip co-founders and wider team, you will be intrinsic to the success of our agency by keeping our finances in check.
You will help us to develop our business in a sustainable and profitable way. With your help, we will grow the business and win new clients. We will win awards and challenge the media industry to be better.
You’ll take ownership of our numbers, helping us to manage our client income, media spends and costs of running the agency and team. You will have the confidence and experience to challenge and guide us in continuing the growth journey of Anything is Possible.
As Finance Manager you would be responsible for the below and therefore it would be essential to have experience in these core areas:
- Ownership of a finance department where you are responsible for data integrity.
- Providing and interpreting financial information.
- Supplier invoicing and payment management.
- Credit control.
- Payroll & expense management.
- Recognised revenue management.
- Management of expense accruals and prepayments.
- Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends.
- Managing a company's financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems (ideally Xero).
- Budget and expense planning.
- Developing and managing external relationships with appropriate contacts, such as accountants, banks and HMRC.
- VAT returns and corporation tax payments (including R&D submissions).
- Monthly management accounts production including variance analysis and monthly review with Board members.
- Working with the board to develop annual budgets and forecasts.
The ideal candidate will have experience of:
- Working in the marketing, digital and advertising industry.
- Formulating strategic and long-term business plans.
- Researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance.
- Developing financial management mechanisms that minimise financial risk.
- Arranging new sources of finance for a company's debt facilities.
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Analysing change and advising accordingly.
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Hands-on experience with digital accounting and expense management software, such as ReceiptBank and Chaser.
- Liaising with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out.
- Media / 3rd party cost reconciliation.
- Business partnering to provide financial support and analysis to the wider Client Planning team and ‘heads of’ departments.
Behaviours that drive success
We all share Possiblist behaviours. Working within the wider team, there are some core behaviours that will help you succeed within the role:
- You should be inquisitive and have the confidence/fearlessness to question the status quo.
- Solve problems and grab opportunities.
- A demonstrable interest in data and analysis.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required
We are looking for you to come in and help our business grow. We want to draw on a wide range of your experience including:
- 5 years + finance experience in an agency environment.
- First class verbal and written English is essential.
- Good people, organisational and analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and execute effective solutions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of the agency’s finances and client commercials.
- Works well under pressure and thrives in a busy agency environment.
- Creates strong and effective internal and external partnerships and collaborates across the business. Listens and values the opinions of others.
- Takes ownership of personal actions and outcomes.
- Embraces change; maintains an open mind and is flexible and adaptable in the face of ambiguity and change.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities.
Our shared values are what makes our business so special.
We’re brave. We embrace uncertainty. We test, learn, improve and go again.
We’re diverse and united. We love meeting new people, embracing new ideas and exploring the possibilities. We come from all walks of life. When we work with great people, anything is possible.
We’re grown up. We show maturity in our outlook and attitude. We are fair and positive, but aren’t afraid to say it how it is and constructively challenge.
We want to change things. We want to make a difference to our clients and our people, every day.
We work happy. We come in, do the business and have fun.
Let's be real. We have high expectations of you.
You must challenge the status quo and see no boundaries to what we can achieve. Be ambitious, be adaptable and be an expert in your field. Help us be better and don’t settle for average.
You will be an inspiration to the rest of the agency, to our clients and a leader within your area of expertise.
We want to take you out of your comfort zone, to stretch and to learn. You must believe that anything is possible.
In short, we want you to be the best person you can be.
In return you will have the support of the best experts working in the media field today. We are asking a lot. But we will always have your back.
We are a young business and this is an exciting time. You are joining the business in its infancy and have the opportunity to shape what we are.
But that doesn't mean we skimp on benefits. Fantastic holiday, flexible working and self-improvement budget for life are just a few of the things we offer.
This is on top of a competitive salary and a flexible working environment where you will be supported to be the best person you can be.