Chief Revenue Officer – SaaS
Global cybersecurity SaaS business - protecting and growing organisations across the world.
We are looking for a highly motivated, talented, and commercially driven sales leader to drive the expansion of our fast-growing cybersecurity SaaS compliance software, ISMS.online. Operating in one of the most exciting SaaS markets globally ISMS.online already has customers and partners from all over the world.
As a result of our successes with ISMS.online, we completed fundraising to supercharge the next phase of growth. That investment is being focused on growing the commercial teams and putting in place the sales and marketing infrastructure we need to exceed our big ambitions. We are seeing record numbers of visitors and enquiries from our lead generation channels. The primary objective of this role is to ensure the business converts its opportunities into long-lasting customer relationships.
You will own the overall revenue targets within the business, which include new business ARR as well as existing customer upsell ARR, churn and down-sell to hit NRR targets. We are also looking for someone who genuinely enjoys leading from the front and showing their team how it is done.
The role has three main delivery objectives so you will still clearly have the hunger to close deals as well as the desire and expertise to build the next level of our sales and success management organisation:
- You will develop, coach, and continue to grow the direct & partner sales team who already focus on selling tailored & packaged solutions to smaller and mid-sized, but still extremely valuable, customers.
- You’ll coach and continue to develop the Head of Success Management, helping her and the team build on the positive foundations already in place.
- Initially, you will personally run the full sales process for larger, more complex, and high-value customers and partners. You’ll be hunting, nurturing, pitching, negotiating, and closing these deals. As this part of the business grows, you’ll either transfer knowledge and develop internal staff, or hire in more experienced resources to continue accelerating growth. You’ll be able to call on our standards and regulations specialists where needed but will need to become confident and competent quickly with using and demoing our services.
The near-term rewards and future opportunities will be significant.
Although the sales team benefits from strong inbound lead channels you, and your team, will still be expected to hunt for new opportunities. You will be a brilliant motivator and sales leader, creating a daily intensity, hunger and energy in the sales team and wider office environment. Success will be measured on converting a high volume of deals every month across a range of customer and partner groups, not one or two high-value deals every six months or so.
Significant investments are already going into marketing communications and product development, so you’ll work closely with the leaders of those functions to ensure everything fits together.
You will be a genuine solution sales professional with an in-depth knowledge of consultative selling and your experience in software sales, in particular SaaS, will be evident. You will most definitely have an entrepreneurial flair and be able to combine that with great success in selling complex technology solutions that range from £5-50k ARR.
Your ability to manage multiple stakeholders through the more complex higher value sales processes will be evident and you will be an expert at qualification, as well as removing barriers or obstacles to success. You will already be conversant with the topic of information security, privacy and compliance or be a quick and willing learner in the subject.
You will be personable, a team player and willing to participate at every level. The wider team will take confidence from your experience, leadership, and direction, and you will epitomise the hunger and desire to win that we want from the whole organisation not just the sales team.
Our expectation is that you will see sales targets as something to beat, not meet, and you will be rewarded well when this happens. You’ll also be excited by the longer-term rewards that come from growing a successful business and are prepared to work hard to achieve the results. In summary, you are a winner and know what that looks like, what it feels like and can quickly assess it and develop it in others too.
For the right candidate, this role presents not just a fantastic opportunity right now, but also into the future for someone with leadership ambitions.
Skills & Experiences:
- You are a proven sales professional and can demonstrate your previous success in a SaaS sales leadership role.
- Minimum 5-year background in multi-channel senior sales roles, ideally within a technology high growth business, ideally SaaS and compliance.
- You will have previously developed, coached and led a sales team.
- Passionate about sales as a profession with a genuine understanding and belief in consultative selling, staying well up to date on the techniques that work in this arena.
- A confident presenter and comfortable to perform on the smallest and biggest of stages.
- Excellent stakeholder management and commercial awareness, including absolute confidence in the SaaS metrics that affect business success.
- Strong attention to detail, highly numerate, excellent in both written and verbal communications.
Salary, package and benefits will include:
- Basic salary to match experience, up to £100k and a package of circa £200k OTE is achievable from additional commissions, bonuses and awards based on individual & organisation performance, however the package is genuinely uncapped.
- Share options after meeting qualifying requirements
- Company pension contributions
- 28 days holiday, increasing up to 34 over time
- Cycle to work scheme applicability
- Childcare vouchers
- Onsite parking
- Office beverages
- Socials, run club and other team events
- Casual dress
This is a Brighton based role (Covid restrictions allowing).
We are an ISO 27001 certified organisation, trusted by our customers, partners and others for what we do. All appointments are therefore subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standards checks and other popular employment checks, e.g. references that help demonstrate you are the right person for the role. By applying you give consent for us to process your information in line with GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
We love helping organisations solve the tricky challenges that affect their success.
Why do we do that?
Our customers do things that make the world a better place. Our services free them up to concentrate on doing more of what they do well.
What do we do?
We build and deliver secure cloud software with knowledge-based services wrapped inside and alongside
How do we do that?
We package experience and effective ways of working with easy to use and affordable technology solutions. That delivers scalable, repeatable & sustainable results at a fraction of the cost, time and risk of alternatives.
ISMS.online offers the most practical, affordable path to ISMS certainty, with everything our customers need all in one place. We’ve already helped organisations in the UK, Europe, the US, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and elsewhere achieve their information security and continuity goals. Now we’re growing fast to reach new customers across the world.
We serve many different kinds of organisation. But whether they’re an SME or a multinational, a charity or a government body, they all have two goals in common. They want to:
Make their organisation safer, more resilient and more successful
Prove they’ve done that to their customers and other key stakeholders