About the Role | Who are we looking for?
Due to our increasing success and growth, we are growing our team of enthusiastic experts. We are recruiting for a Senior C++ Development Engineer to join our software team.
- The successful candidate will work on the development of our cutting-edge Compere software platform to design and implement new features.
- Provide leadership on assigned projects to ensure engineering and technical execution through established company procedures.
- Lead project teams including coaching and technical direction to meet project deliverables.
- The candidate should have a passion for solving problems and engineering solutions. They should also have a keen eye for detail.
- Become an expert in the use of the product and should have, or be able to rapidly develop, a deep technical understanding of the product, and of our industry.
- Provide support to our System and Support, Production, and Product Management teams to ensure the needs of the business are met.
- Provide technical support to customers in both the UK and abroad, to include system installation and integration and assisting Sales and Marketing teams with new business development projects and general market outreach.
- You will be a creative, proactive and forward-thinking experienced person. You should quickly integrate into the team and develop ideas for projects that will enhance our product portfolio.
- Proposing improvements based on your own experience and customer feedback is a natural part of this role also and is something we encourage as a business.
- You should be comfortable working alone or as part of a small team, and there will be occasional travel involved to customer sites both in the UK and abroad. This may include improving or developing product features to meet customer needs, end-user training and sales and demo support.
Mandatory Technical Skills and Experience | The ‘Must-Have’s
Candidates must have more than 3 years’ experience of working in all the following areas, with evidence of regular use in the last 6 months an absolute essential:
- Have lead development tasks (technically or operationally) and delivering to deadlines
- C++ Object Oriented Design
- GUI Design
- Microsoft Windows™ Software Application Development in Visual Studio
- A good understanding of maths and physics
- Excellent written, verbal and digital communication skills. You know how to present information in a clear and concise manner that is easily digestible.
- Software version control systems – such as Subversion/GIT
- Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or equivalent Degree Course
- Driving Licence
- Valid Passport
Candidates must have some experience or knowledge of the following:
- Sockets, Multi-threading
- Experience of interfacing with customers or end users.
- Network programming and configuration
Additional Useful Technical Skills | The ‘Helpful to Haves’
- DirectX/Vulkan experience
- Up to speed with latest C++ 14 standards
- MFC and/or JUCE UI Library experience
- Cross platform development
- Knowledge of Display systems
- Photoshop / video editing / 3DMax / Cinema4D / Blender
- Hardware interfacing / API usage
- Audio Visual systems and hardware
- High performance PC hardware configuration and construction
- In-depth Windows OS and High-Performance PC systems knowledge
Why work for us?
- Competitive salary
- Private healthcare
- 23 days annual holiday (plus 8 English public holidays) rising by 1 day per full year service up to a maximum of 28 days
- Non-contractual profit-sharing scheme (dependent upon revenue/margin targets being met)
- Friendly, dynamic small team
- Relaxed but hardworking environment
- Lovely rural office location (we are based in the south downs national park)
This is full time position, 40-hours per week, Monday – Friday. This role may require some travel to other office locations, client, and vendor sites.
7thSense UK Head Office
2, The Courtyard, Shoreham Road, Upper Beeding, West Sussex BN44 3TN
For more information, please contact us on: 01903 812299 or email@example.com
NO AGENCIES, PLEASE