Full Time – 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
Competitive Salary plus benefits
We have a great opportunity for an experienced and creative Video Content Editor to join our Marketing team based at Head Office in Eastbourne. This is a new role within the team, responsible for creating and editing innovative and dynamic video content for the Company which supports the company values, brand tone of voice and the needs of our customers. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is highly motivated, brimming with creativity and who is dedicated to producing high quality work.
Working closely with the Digital Marketing Manager - Trade and the wider Marketing team you will produce engaging graphic / visual video content for social platforms, vlog content and animations to inspire and engage our audiences in the world of decorating supplies and materials aimed at both retail and trade customers.
Brewers Decorator Centres are the largest independent supplier of decorating materials across the UK, supplying both trade and retail customers across the country. Brewers is still a family-owned business with a wonderful heritage and over 110 years in our industry, which says something about our ability to understand and keep up with our market. Our digital marketing activities and online presence is increasing and we have many exciting plans for 2021 and beyond.
What does the role of a Video Content Editor involve?
- Creating engaging video content that is suitable for external and internal marketing initiatives as well as distribution across different platforms and devices.
- Shooting, editing and reformatting new and existing video content to tell concise, visually pleasing stories.
- Working with the wider Marketing team, external suppliers and others within the business as required to get a greater understanding of industry trends.
- Travelling to various locations (such as stores, trade shows, community projects etc) when necessary to gather footage.
- Uploading and optimising new and existing video content to hosting platforms and Company websites.
- Analysing data and metrics to optimise video performance and identifying suitable distribution channels and opportunities for video content.
- Carrying out research for new content idea generation.
- Collaborating with the wider marketing team to ensure consistency of messaging and campaigns across platforms.
- Carrying out research through multiple sources to ensure content accuracy.
- Keeping records of release forms and details of video cast.
Who we are looking for to join the team:
- Previous experience in creating video and animation content
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative suite - in particular Premier Pro, After Effect, Cinema 4D and Photoshop
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to help people feel relaxed and comfortable in front of the camera
- Decorating or building industry knowledge would be advantageous but not essential – we are looking for someone with an interest in our industry and in making the world of decorating supplies more exciting!
- A good understanding of how effective video content fits in with and supports a businesses wider marketing strategy
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing including spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Understanding and knowledge of GDPR policy
- Exceptional attention to detail skills with the ability to work quickly and accurately to a high standard with a ‘right first time’ approach
- Proficient in Microsoft Office to an intermediate level including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and happy to learn and embrace new software and technologies
- Keen to learn about our industry and develop product knowledge to be able to communicate confidently with our online audience
- Enjoys working and supporting a team with the initiative to work as an individual at all times
- Approachable, possessing an open and friendly personality
- Excellent organisational skills
Alongside a competitive salary you will also receive:
- 30 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) increasing with service
- Free life assurance
- Discounts and rewards with selected partners - major high street brands, supermarkets etc.
- Pension plan through Legal & General
- Company profit share scheme (after qualifying period)
- Generous staff discounts
If you believe your skills are suited to this role, and would welcome the challenge of joining our team, please click on ‘Apply Now’ to complete our required application form.
This role may be removed from listings before the closing date if we are successful in finding an appointment or receive a high number of applicants.