Copywriter / Digital Content Assistant
Are you good at writing insightful and engaging content that people enjoy reading and sharing?
Do you understand what SEO is and can you create SEO friendly content?
Are you able to generate a piece of content each day for a professional audience around the central themes of leadership and career success?
Are you able to write empathetically so your words really connect with your reader?
Do you want to work with an exciting start-up company with strong values and a clear mission to make a difference in the world?
If so, then perhaps you are the person we are looking for to join our team as a staff writer on our marketing team.
VetX International is a small, but growing business based in Brighton, committed to helping humans get along so workplaces thrive. We do this by providing education, recruitment and performance management services to our clients who are veterinarians.
Our mission is to become the leading provider of recruitment and performance management services to veterinarians and veterinary practices in the US, UK and Australia. To do this we will have 5000 active veterinarians and 500 active practices using our service to create thriving workplaces by 2025.
That’s a big goal and we are going to have to hustle, grow fast and innovate a lot to get there. But we are committed to making this a reality and need your help to achieve this. As a small company, there is a lot for everyone to do and your days will be exciting, varied and sometimes unpredictable. We are looking for people who are comfortable in a fast-paced, informal environment where there is great freedom in your day. So if you are someone who needs lots of structure and doesn’t like being pushed, challenged and cheered on, this might not be the best team for you to join. That said, we do have processes and deadlines for things like publishing, so we don’t want architects of chaos either.
We have strong values and run our entire company based on these things, so it is essential that you know what these are and share them. Here’s what they are:
- We do innovative work to change the world around us.
- We learn and grow our experience and skills because growth is the vehicle to better things.
- We are thoughtful and help others - team, customers, community and planet.
- We build fun into our work.
- We act with integrity so people trust us.
- We show up as team members and own our work and actions each day.
If any of these are not a good fit for you then no worries, you do you, but this probably isn’t the opportunity for you. We really do hire, manage and fire to these values.
We are looking for a content assistant who will deliver multiple veterinary blogs each week, taking existing content (podcasts, videos, social media content) and turning them into well written, SEO optimised content. Furthermore, the person will deliver a weekly news round-up of the veterinary world and also assist in writing social media content to be published on our multiple channels. This will ake up about 80% of your time.
The remaining time will be spent helping contribute to our other marketing activities. This position is a full-time role and as soon as COVID allows us, we intend to move into our new office in seven dials.
You will need to have the following skills already:
- You will be proficient in writing engaging content which will draw in a large audience.
- You will have basic knowledge of SEO and how to optimise content to drive traffic towards the website.
- You will be able to understand the content in video/podcast form to be able to interpret and redraft this content so it makes sense and the message is captured in written form for a high-value professional audience.
- You will be research-driven and be able to gather veterinary news from around the world and compile it into a single document in your own words and style.
- You will have completed or perhaps be studying and due to complete a degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or Media Studies.
- You will not be afraid of seagulls stealing your chips.
We anticipate this role commencing immediately.
In order to submit your application, please send your CV, cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit for our team and role and evidence of your skills in the form of three pieces of digital, SEO friendly content you have previously written.
Application deadline: 01/02/2021