Operations Manager – Six-month contract, full time
- Write Arm
- Salary £29k (pro rata annual equivalent)
- Project Management, Account Handling
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
Would you like your job to be a heady blend of freedom and responsibility? Would you like to work with Brighton’s – no, the world’s – greatest collection of commercial writers?
Then read on.
About the job
We are looking for someone who wants to work flexibly and remotely full time (37.5 hours per week plus overtime when required) for six months to manage project delivery. If things go well there might be scope to extend beyond six months. We’re not desperate – we’ll only hire when we find the right person.
You can work from your kitchen tabletop or a mountain top – we don’t mind, as long as the job gets done.
You will be in the front line of our daily operations. This will involve:
- Dealing with new work requests and other client enquiries
- Allocating writers to jobs and ensuring work is delivered to spec and deadline
- Sourcing writers for niche projects
- Logging work in our project management system
- Compiling and sending out samples, quotes and invoices
- Managing client and supplier contracts
You’ll also be required to:
- Organise writers' details, CVs and portfolios
- Work with the founder to drive sales and growth
- Deal with enquiries from prospective writers
- Check supplier invoices and liaise with our bookkeeper
Write Arm is a content and copywriting resource for marketers. That means we hire out writers by the day, the hour, the page or the word. We’re different to most creative agencies because all of our creative output is produced by remote-working freelancers.
We set a lot of store by freedom, flexibility and fairness. So, our clients aren’t tied in to retainers, can use us whenever and however they like, and know they can trust us. And our writers can work when and how they like, and they can rely on our loyalty.
We typically complete 250 jobs per year, so we are always busy.
Above all, you must be a good cultural fit, which, in a nutshell, means being friendly, flexible and positive. Oh, and fun too.
Your approach to clients, prospects and suppliers is to nurture, understand and bend over backwards to help.
Your approach to problems is to fix them with a smile, rather than whinge.
You must be:
- A supreme juggler of tasks
- Able to master masses of fine detail
- A self-starter who can work with minimum supervision
- A tranquil pond in a storm
- Happy to work remotely
You must have:
- Project/account/operations management experience in a busy creative agency
- The maturity and personality to impress director level clients
- The ability to spot good (and bad) writing and to write, edit and proofread to a high standard
It would also help if you know your way around Xero, WorkflowMax and Receipt Bank (although not a deal-breaker), and could introduce other time-saving technologies.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of play on 10 February. We shall be interviewing by Zoom over the following fortnight and the job is likely to start in late Feb/early March.