Merchant Success/Support Agent
- Safe As Milk Limited
- Remote or Brighton
- Circa £27,000 but negotiable on experience
- IT Support, eCommerce
- Full-Time, Flexible
- Contract Type
Safe As Milk builds premium themes and apps for the Shopify ecommerce platform. We pride ourselves on exceptional support and never forget our customers are often trying to change their lives for the better by growing a business from scratch. Like Shopify itself, we are on the side of the entrepreneur.
We’re a small, friendly team distributed between the UK, Sweden, Ireland and Lithuania. We mainly use tools like Slack to communicate but also have regular physical meet ups where we can get to know each other better. We have a fun, informal company culture. At Safe As Milk we take our work very seriously and are highly motivated but also believe in a healthy work/life balance too.
About the role
Online commerce and Shopify in particular is growing fast. We already have an exceptional support crew (read the ‘Venue’ reviews in the official Shopify theme store) and are looking to strengthen the team.
This email support role mainly involves reacting to ‘first tier’ (i.e non-technical) support tickets/emails. These would typically be from merchants who have purchased a Safe As Milk product and have some questions in setting up or changing something in their store. We also receive pre-sales questions so a strong knowledge of our products is essentially.
- This new role can be remote or based at our shared office in Brighton. Or a mix of the two if you prefer.
- Flexible hours - generally between 7am to 7pm
- We will provide an Apple laptop and the software you need
- Paid for online training courses or physical conferences (when they start up again)
- The chance to grow and learn from highly skilled team mates
- Flexible holiday time
- Competitive wages
- A caring and friendly work environment
Attitude and attributes
Because of the way we work you have to be a self-motivated person who can handle some autonomy. We trust our people to get the job done and our team work closely together so you’ll always get an answer to any questions you may have. Office hours can be flexible. This role is about providing effective, high quality support to our customers within a published timeframe. Happy customers are important to us.
What you will be doing
- Answering ‘first tier’ support tickets
- Advising merchants of possible fixes and solutions
- Explaining to merchants certain product features before they buy
- Escalating ‘technical’ tickets to the support developers
- Writing help desk articles and potentially making videos
- Analysing support metrics, spotting trends, advising the team of new features to build
- Empathy with what the customer is going through and wants to achieve
- Excellent technical awareness - you don’t need to be able to code but you need to understand the basics of websites and how technology works
- Good problem solving skills - some support tickets require some detective work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - with both merchants and team mates
- A positive attitude and outlook
- Highly self motivated and self starting
- A good sense of humour
- A highly developed attention to detail
- Experience using the Shopify CMS to set up a store
- Previous ecommerce experience, perhaps helping to run an online store
- Experience of writing help desk articles and/or creating tutorial videos
- Basic HTML and CSS skills
- Shopify liquid template skills
- Experience with Shopify apps
- UX / UI design skills
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we value your time. As part of the interview process we will be setting a short test to asses your level of skill and may ask you to do a short recorded video introduction. Please check out our theme reviews and if you think you’d like to join our team and become part of something great, we would love to talk to you!
Due to time restrictions only those shortlisted will be contacted.