IMEX Group - What We Do
IMEX Group delivers two vibrant trade shows each year for the global meeting and events industry. IMEX in Frankfurt and IMEX America (Las Vegas) each attract around 15,000 participants.
Our shows facilitate face-to-face business meetings between exhibitors (who include international hotel chains, convention bureaux, destination management companies, and tech providers) and meeting and event planners.
Every show also features professional, free education and numerous networking and co-located events run by our global partner network. This means our IMEX shows have become must-attend events for anyone working in the global meeting and events industry.
During 2020 the IMEX team have remained 65 - strong and pivoted to produce an award-winning virtual experience for our customers – PlanetIMEX.com
IMEX is on the hunt for an enthusiastic junior digital/graphic designer to join a small team in the creation of engaging visuals and assets for a variety of channels from our websites to live tradeshows!
Based in our Marcomms team of 12, this is a newly created role working alongside the Design Manager. You must be brilliantly creative, but happy to work on a day-to-day task too. Your work will be super varied, from live events collateral, print, and campaigns to white papers to animation for video! You will have the opportunity to work on your own projects as well as be involved in cross-team initiatives.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Collaborating with the Design Manager, accepting briefs, prioritising workflow.
- Hands-on design work for live, digital, and print environments – from receiving the brief to concept and presentation.
- Working alongside our web and digital teams using UX/UI principles.
- Working within brand guidelines, but also bringing fresh ideas.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects.
- Able to manage photography organisation and asset management.
- Experience of handling large photography back catalogues and be forward-thinking about future management and sharing tools.
- Proficient at both selecting and editing photography.
- Resizing of partner assets (such as print ads and web banners) and sending these on a frequent basis.
- Designing marketing collateral in German language (knowledge of German is not needed).
- Create, coordinate, monitor, and manage material involved with online advertising.
- Innovative new ideas for future interactive media.
About you – essentials skills we need:
- Recent Graphic Design degree or equivalent.
- Adobe Cloud experience (min 2 years) in Photoshop, Adobe XD, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- UI/UX design including creating wire frames.
- Designing content for mobile interfaces.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Able to work to a strict deadline.
- An exceptional eye for detail.
- Bursting with fresh ideas.
- A keen interest in emerging design and digital trends.
About you - also nice to haves would be:
- Some experience of working in a team.
- An interest in photography/video.
- Useful tech knowledge includes Smartsheet, Brojure, Camtasia, Unbouce, Message Focus,feathr.
- Experience in motion design.
- Experience in animation.
- A knowledge of (or interest in) the business events or travel industry.
- Proficiency in any foreign language is always valued at IMEX.
IMEX Group - Our Values
Lead by a young, pioneering CEO, Quality, Inspiration, and Collaboration are the company values that underpin everything we do. Our “organising principle” is The Family Table which describes the spirit of our leadership team and our 60+ employees. In short, everyone has a place. Everyone has a voice.
IMEX Group - Our Team Rewards
Join our hardworking, innovative, and collaborative team and you’ll receive:
- A highly competitive salary
- A brand new, flexible working policy including the opportunity for some remote working
- Newly refurbished, central Brighton & Hove offices with subsidised parking
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare and confidential employee assistance programme
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Travel to Frankfurt and Las Vegas most years
- Monthly “First Friday” drinks with guest speakers and even a wrap party in Las Vegas!
- Recognition programme to reward good deeds and make the office a fun place to work
- A culture promoting your health – In-house Pilates, massages, meditation…and fruit!
- Personal development opportunities ranging from access to ground-breaking conferences to in-house training and team building days
- Our social responsibility both locally and to the industry is important to IMEX – We allow time for voluntary work and we love a good bake day to raise funds!
- The opportunity to work cross-team on what matters to you in one of our voluntary “squads”e.g. our Diversity and Inclusion or Green squads which influence the business and even our industry.