VP of People & Culture (Part-time)
Are you an HR leader with proven experience of helping a company grow from 50 to 100 people? We’re looking for someone exceptional to hit the ground running, deliver and build on our strong focus on people.
Elucidat is officially one of the UK’s Best Workplaces - we ranked in the top 25 of small businesses and the best in Brighton in 2020. This is a great opportunity to join a passionate, smart and fun team. You’ll be supporting us at an exciting stage of our growth as a funded startup.
- What we do
We’re a SaaS business with a vision to help build more successful, more ethical businesses through people-centered training. Our platform helps big employers drive down the cost of business-critical training. We make elearning easy to produce - super fast. We work with some of the worlds most successful organizations, including Oxfam, Tesco and DECIEM.
- Our Culture
We put people first. We know that life is about more than work, so we give you space and support to thrive professionally and personally. Our success is fuelled by the positive attitudes and exceptional talent of our team, who live by our Learn, Care, Share values every day.
As our people and culture leader, you’ll be responsible for all things HR, and ensuring our team remain happy and engaged. You’ll report to the CEO and will be an active part of the leadership team. This is a part-time role, and our office manager will provide you with HR admin support.
Measure of success
Your success will be measured by ensuring Elucidat remains compliant for all HR related activities and ensuring our employee engagement score remains high.
- Be the first point of contact for employee questions on anything and everything HR!
- Support and coach line managers in all aspects of HR from hiring to letting people go
- Advise line managers on HR policies ensuring the business adheres to all legal requirements
- Review and develop HR policy and procedures to drive individual and business performance
- Overall responsibility for HR metrics and ensuring HR records and salary details are correct and up to date
- Ensure that all HR data meets GDPR requirements
- Working from home policy
Employee Engagement, Wellbeing and Culture
- Ensuring our employee engagement score remains high
- Ensuring our Learn, Care, Share values are embedded in everything we do
- Advise on engagement and wellbeing for remote workers
- Ensuring our office space meets the needs of our people
- Company social events
- Exit interviews and acting on feedback
- Engagement surveys and actions
- Best Place to Work annual accreditation
- Review all aspects of wellbeing and advise on best practice
- Responsible for our internal communication strategy
- Monthly all hands meetings
- Monthly newsletter
Learning and development
- Overall responsibility for L&D budget
- Champion continuous learning
- Advise line managers on the best way to develop their teams
- Manage talent and succession planning
- Implement learning/development and career progression process
- Drive alignment between HR strategy and business goals
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation
- Support change management processes
Recruitment & Selection
- Ensuring the best possible candidate experience from recruitment through to onboarding
- Provide advice and coaching on recruitment and selection to the leadership team and hiring managers
- Champion equality and diversity in hiring
- Continue to market Elucidat brand as a local employer of choice
- Manage hiring budget and preferred supplier list
Compensation & Benefits
- Provide first line advice on existing benefits for employees and managers.
- Work with appropriate parties on reward strategies
- Research, advise on and implement new benefits strategy
- Regularly review and benchmark salaries
- Experience of being the sole HR person for a company of between 50 and 100 staff
- Proven HR generalist experience of 5+ years
- Experience in developing and supporting line managers is critical
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills are required together with proven leadership capabilities
- Solid working knowledge of employment legislation and its application in a small business
- Experience of managing all aspects of employee relations
- Understanding of management and engagement of remote workers
- Practical experience of recruitment, selection and interviewing
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent desirable.
- CIPD qualification or QBE
Financial/ budgetary responsibility
- Responsibility for the People budget which includes recruitment, training and entertainment
- Support with CIPD qualification
This is a part-time role (roughly 50%), not a full time role. Please let us know the hours that would suit you.
Flexible - but we’d like you to be able to work at least 2 days a week in our Brighton office (when COVID-19 restrictions allow for this).
- Our company values are 'Learn, Care, Share' which we apply to all aspects of our work, from our flexible working opportunities, to our friendly, supportive culture.
- Flexible working and a healthy work/life balance - opportunities to help you juggle other commitments, e.g. childcare
- Central Brighton office, great location, handy for transport links (Covid permitting)
- Competitive salary, 25 days holiday (increasing to 30)
- Opportunities to grow - from our excellent onboarding process through career plans to help you progress
- Dedicated learning time - learning is one of our core values so we ensure this is nurtured within the company too, by offering you 1 day of dedicated learning time every month.
- Happier weekdays - A meeting-light culture and opportunities to get to know team members better through things like weekly ‘donuts’, monthly socials, and events. Free refreshments as well!
- Happier weeknights - We organise socials every month and bring together everyone in the business including all remote workers at least once every 6 months to do team building exercises and to share ideas over dinner.
- Giving back - There are opportunities for staff to give back to non-profit activities or charities that support the wider community. We also provide discounts to our software to charities such as Oxfam and Unicef.
- Everyone has a voice - We are building a culture where everyone is respected and has a voice in the day to day running of the company - a workplace where everyone is valued for the contributions they make. Our quarterly objectives (OKRs) are set by the entire team and we use the latest technologies to collect regular feedback anonymously through polling and pulse checks. We continually celebrate individual and collective achievements.