Account Executive - Medical Communications - PR
Job Title: Account Executive - Health
Reporting to: Account Director – PR & Advocacy
Team: PR & Advocacy
Location: Balcombe, Sussex
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Account Executive to join our PR & Advocacy team. You will work on some of the agency’s leading client accounts in public and consumer health, helping to deliver impactful and tangible outcomes that result in positive, meaningful change.
emotive is a London, Sussex, and Boston-based, award-winning healthcare communications agency, founded over 15 years ago with a simple vision of changing lives by helping those who are unwell to get new and amazing treatments that can make them better.
The PR & Advocacy team is driven by strategic insights and visionary thinking, we educate clinicians and healthcare professionals, engage consumers, mobilise patients and influence policy-makers. Our integrated and multi-channel approach delivers impactful and tangible outcomes that result in positive, meaningful change.
As an Account Executive you will be responsible for:
Our extensive expertise means that no two days are the same. One day we’re lobbying policy-makers in the European Parliament and the next we’re dominating global headlines with our latest media campaign. Candidates are expected to pro-actively deliver results in a fast-paced environment and, under the supervision of an Account Director, duties will include:
- Creation of media hooks, press releases and supporting communication materials
- Liaising with trade and consumer media and developing relationships with relevant journalists
- Organising and supporting with the management of press events and congresses
- Developing engaging social media content
- Liaising with the creative and digital design team to produce visual materials such as campaign infographics and animations
- Ongoing liaison with clients, journalists and stakeholders to ensure first-class campaign delivery
- General administrative support
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
Candidates should be an excellent communicator and team player, with a passion for delivering campaigns that inspire change to have a positive impact on people’s health.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or other relevant area
- Previous healthcare communications experience preferable
- Creative thinker
- Excellent communicator
- Team player
- Ability to work flexibly and under pressure
- Ability to use own initiative
- Car driver
Life at emotive:
At emotive, we nurture a supportive team culture and reward hard work. As a member of the team, you will be encouraged to develop your skills and knowledge with regular personal development, mentoring and a comprehensive programme of internal and external training.
We’re driven not only by a desire to work hand-in-hand with our clients to inspire positive change, but also by our core values that underpin who we are and the vibrant, positive culture within the team – IMAGINATION, COLLABORATION, EMPOWERMENT, INTEGRITY and AGILITY.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday, birthdays off, 3 additional days given for Christmas, holiday buy-back scheme
- Flexible working
- Personal training budget
- Health and wellbeing benefits, including private medical health cover, reduced gym memberships and Bike2Work scheme
- Generous pension contribution
- Annual bonus
- Employee assistance programme
- 6-week paid sabbatical after 5 years of service
- Perkbox subscription
- Railcard scheme