Full Stack Developer
- 1X2 NETWORK
- £23,000 - £35,000
- FSDev Brighton
- IT Support, Back-End Development, Full Stack Development
- Contract Type
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to report directly to the Head of Technology at 1X2 Network. This is an opportunity to join the technology team of a creative, fast-growing, independent software company.
About 1X2 Network
1X2 Network has pioneered Virtual Gaming products since 2002 and are now at the forefront of HTML5 development with over 150 games, including Virtual Sports, Table Games and Slots. The company boasts a wide range of household name clients including Bet365, BetVictor and Entain (formerly GVC). Several brands construct the 1X2 Network, each business targeting specific market niches. Our two main brands include Iron Dog Studio, and 1X2gaming, with a wealth of additional partners available on the Network.
1X2 Network Culture
The 1X2 Network headquarters is ideally located in two central, UK locations, including Brentwood in Essex, and Brighton by the sea. By day, we work energetically, producing and distributing successful mobile and online casino games. Our hard work during business hours is rewarded with our social activities, including a summer season of indoor football and Friday evening drinks. We work with clients from across the globe, and we have employee’s stationed in Spain, Gibraltar, Italy, Malta and Russia as well as our 2 offices in the UK. We are proud of international team and our large global partnerships with leading clients. Travel is occasionally required by 1X2 Network employees we collaborate and network with other leading iGaming companies at annual festivals and events. We pride ourselves in offering our employee’s a workplace that initiates personal growth with support from a team of confident, experienced and reliable work colleagues.
1X2 Network has pioneered Virtual Gaming products since 2002 and are now at the forefront of HTML5 development with well over 100 games, including Virtual Sports, Table Games and Slots. The company boasts a wide range of household name clients including Bet365, BetVictor and Bwin.
Several brands make up 1X2 Network as the organisation has extended its business targeting specific market niches including Iron Dog Studio, 1X2gaming and Leap Gaming.
The role of Full Stack Developer is highly demanding and varied, with a main focus on updating and maintain CAS. It will require the candidate to make it their own and would suit someone who is prepared to go above and beyond. The role is part of an exciting and growing area of the business and there are opportunities to take on additional projects and responsibilities to grow the role if the candidate has the desired ambition.
Many of our projects require interaction with server-based APIs, so you'll gain experience in back-end web development and a good understanding of overall system architecture principles.
- Maintain central admin system
- Develop new feature reports
- Analyse data and suggest report improvements
- Have a degree in Computer Science or closely related subject
- Good knowledge and experience of Object-Oriented Programming
- Java, MySQL, JSON
- Experience working with Java Web Application Servers
- Experience working with external web APIs
- Familiarity with internet HTTP requests
- Understanding of RESTful API Methodology
- Experience with version control (GIT)
- Experience working on admin type systems
- Experience working with SQL Server
- Knowledge of Wowza video streaming technologies
- Experience of working with web sockets
- Experience of Java EE (Enterprise Edition)
- Experience of the Spring Framework
- Knowledge or prior experience with Resin web server
The Ideal candidate will
- Have a willingness to learn
- Be highly organised, able to prioritize workload effectively with attention to detail
- Be proactive, motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Have the ability to write clean commented code
- Be able to communicate effectively whether talking to someone technical or non-technical, both internally and with development partners
- Have good problem solving and analytical skills in order to spot errors and diagnose problems.
The Benefits of working at 1X2 Network
- Competitive salary in addition to a company bonus scheme.
- We offer long-term career prospects with opportunities to develop – the job is what you make it!
- A fun working atmosphere working amongst an enthusiastic and dynamic team.
- We offer a stimulating work environment in a state-of-the-art, purpose-designed space, including a social communal area with other companies, with games pinball machine and table tennis.
- Currently the working environment includes Friday drinks, as well as Summer and Christmas parties.
- 2-minute walk from Brighton train station
- 5-minute walk from the Brighton Lanes, pubs and night life.
The 1X2 Network are following government guidelines in regard to COVID-19.
We look forward to reviewing your application.