Testing Team Lead
We are looking for a Testing Team Lead to report directly to the Head of Testing and Game Compliance at 1X2 Network. The key responsibilities of this role are to test company products with efficiency and ensure the product work as expected. This is an opportunity to join a creative, fast-growing, independent software company.
About 1X2 Network
1X2 Network has pioneered Virtual Gaming products since 2002 and are now at the forefront of HTML5 development with over 150 games, including Virtual Sports, Table Games and Slots. The company boasts a wide range of household name clients including Bet365, BetVictor and Entain (formerly GVC). Several brands construct the 1X2 Network, each business targeting specific market niches. Our two main brands include Iron Dog Studio, and 1X2gaming, with a wealth of additional partners available on the Network.
1X2 Network Culture
The 1X2 Network headquarters is ideally located in two central, UK locations, including Brentwood in Essex, and Brighton by the sea. By day, we work energetically, producing and distributing successful mobile and online casino games. Our hard work during business hours is rewarded with our social activities, including a summer season of indoor football and Friday evening drinks. We work with clients from across the globe, and we have employee’s stationed in Spain, Gibraltar, Italy, Malta and Russia as well as our 2 offices in the UK. We are proud of international team and our large global partnerships with leading clients. Travel is occasionally required by 1X2 Network employees we collaborate and network with other leading iGaming companies at annual festivals and events. We pride ourselves in offering our employee’s a workplace that initiates personal growth with support from a team of confident, experienced and reliable work colleagues.
The position of Testing Team Leader is a highly demanding role. It will be your responsibility to test multiple games and projects. You will join a team of testers all with varying levels of experience. The main area of focus will be testing company’s products, ensuring they are ready for market in a fast and effective manner. The role will include creating test-cases, managing and reporting any bugs or issue into the organisation. Where necessary researching and incorporating appropriate open-source frameworks or developing a suitable in-house framework may be required.
• Work with the Testing Team Lead to define, develop and implement testing practice for the company.
• Help train and support other members of the testing team.
• Report on all testing, and keep stakeholders updated on the quality of both individual components (e.g. specific games), and the overall health of the entire product range.
• Collaborate closely with developers, designers and other testers in a distributed team environment to define and implement code facing unit, business facing integration, and suitable manual tests, as well as utilising appropriate tools to assure build quality.
• Evangelise and articulate good testing practices including requirements elicitation, acceptance test definition, test writing, exploratory testing, and possess the ability to deal effectively with uncertainty and alternative points of view.
• Undertake exploratory as well as structured manual testing.
• Develop and enhance automated tests where appropriate.
• Lead investigations into defects and potential exploits of the system.
• Raise, track and have ownership of issues through to resolution.
• The most important attribute is a commitment and enthusiasm for quality and enabling a culture of consistent high-quality product delivery by developing smart systems that deliver great feedback.
- Manual Testing experience
- Gaming or mathematical background
- Quality Centre, JIRA, Test Rail
- Integration testing, system and end to end testing circle, Agile
- Languages testing experience
- Desired ISEB or ISTQB
The ideal candidate will
- Experience of researching and evaluating testing tools for teams.
- Automated testing experience, using Selenium, WebDriver, Cucumber for unit and acceptance testing. Would be a great bonus.
- Ideally some experience with Ant, Jenkins, Maven, GIT or other build/CI tools, Slack
The Benefits of working at 1X2 Network
- Competitive salary in addition to a company bonus scheme paid on a quarterly basis.
- We offer long-term career prospects with opportunities to develop – the job is what you make it!
- A fun working atmosphere working amongst an enthusiastic and dynamic team.
- We offer a stimulating work environment in a state-of-the-art, purpose-designed space, including a social communal area with other companies, with games including pool, table football, and video games.
- Currently the working environment includes Friday drinks, as well as Summer and Christmas parties.
- Based in the desirable Create Business Hub, our Brentwood office is within walking distance of Brentwood Railway Station, with the imminent arrival of Crossrail, and also walking distance to the High Street with a great choice of shops and numerous dining options.
- The Brentwood office benefits from easy access to the M25 and A12/A127.
- The Brighton office is only 2 mins walk from the train station.
We look forward to reviewing your application.
- 1X2 Network are following government guidelines regarding locations of work and working from home where necessary due to COVID-19, and when in the office, deploying suitable enhanced precautions in office to keep our staff, their families and the wider community as safe as possible.