Position: Deputy Editor
Location: Rustington, West Sussex
Salary: Dependent on experience
Average Working hours: 35 (Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:00, Friday 08:30 – 13:30)
Eljays44 Ltd are a media, publishing and events business situated in Rustington, West Sussex. Due to the upcoming launch of our consumer magazine Dream Garden, we are now looking to appoint an experienced Deputy Editor/Journalist to join our team.
We are a market leader and have high standards of presentation in everything we do. Dream Garden is a brand that consists of a monthly magazine, website and array of social media channels. The underlying purpose of the brand is to inform the UK public of the real value of having their gardens designed and built professionally.
We will inform, educate and inspire the consumer, letting them know about the latest trends, new products, materials, technologies, and what can be achieved with a garden makeover. The brand will be very focused on showing true costs of the gardens and true cost of the products, but it will also showcase the value having it done professionally adds to lifestyle, health and the overall value of the property.
The primary focus of the role is to ensure stories and content are compiled and finalised within the given timeframes, for the Dream Garden Brand. The Deputy Editor will also be required to produce content including interviews and portfolios.
- Proven experience in an Editorial/Journalism role – essential
- The ability to engross yourself within the marketplace - essential
- Understand the role of consumer magazines and their importance within their sectors - essential
- Ability to identify and deliver new relevant initiatives/content - essential
- Competent in managing your own time as well as managing others to ensure deadlines are met – essential
- Ability to make quick decisions and take a logical approach to your work - essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - essential
- Able to self-manage and proactively take on new projects. Using your initiative to drive our brands and display perseverance to achieve monthly deadlines – essential
- High-level of attention to detail – essential
- A positive attitude and determination to succeed - essential.
- Knowledge of the horticultural industry - highly desirable
The primary location of this role is office-based however, you may need to travel to various locations to meet with clients/attend events, as per business requirements.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive bonus scheme
- Clean and modern working environment based in the centre of Rustington, with local shops, parking facilities and gyms.
- One-hour lunch break (Monday to Thursday), early finish on a Friday!
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + Christmas Shutdown (3 days retained from annual leave)
- Pension scheme after qualifying period
- Company away days, incentives and monthly performance meetings
If you have the ability to work hard and want to lead a team within a prestigious and innovative organisation then we would love to hear from you. Our brands are fast moving, highly ambitious products and we are looking for likeminded people to assist in the successful growth of our company.
Eljays44’s policies ensure equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
Job Type: Full-time