Position: Editorial Assistant
Location: Rustington, West Sussex
Salary: Dependent on experience
Average Working hours: 35 (Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:00, Friday 08:30 – 13:30)
Eljays44 is a trusted media business based in Rustington, West Sussex. We are known for our landscaping-focused magazines, events, awards, and research projects established in 2011. Due to further expansion of our successful, vibrant brands that provide business information to the horticulture and landscaping industry, we are now looking to appoint an Editorial Assistant to assist with content, administration, and research. The successful candidate will be organised, with a meticulous attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We are a market leader and have high standards of presentation in everything we do. Our teams are committed to delivering highly valuable, inspiring and actionable content via printed magazine, websites, social media, events, exhibitions, apps or mobile phones. Our main focus is on B2B communications and this year we are entering the consumer market, working closely with our clients to deliver quality and sustainable results.
The role will involve assisting with content production, undertaking research including report writing, liaising with clients and, or any other editorial duties as requested by your Manager, to a high standard and to strict deadlines.
- High-level of attention to detail – essential
Strong administration skills; experience of MS Office - essential
- Experience writing content including, reports, interviews, features etc.
- Experience speaking with/interviewing clients over the phone – essential
- Understanding of questioning techniques and the ability to draw out key information from conversations – essential
- Ability to collect, collate, display and analyse data - essential
- A positive and determined attitude - essential.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written – essential
- Knowledge of the horticultural industry – desirable
- Previous experience in B2B and media communications - desirable
- Understanding of SEO - desirable
- Ability to write for an online audience - desirable
The primary location of this role is office-based however, you may need to travel to various locations to meet with clients/attend events, as per business requirements.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive bonus scheme
- Clean and modern working environment based in the centre of Rustington, with local shops, parking facilities and gyms.
- One-hour lunch break (Monday to Thursday), early finish on a Friday!
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + Christmas Shutdown (3 days retained from annual leave)
- Pension scheme after qualifying period
- Company away days, incentives and monthly performance meetings
If you have the ability to work hard and want to lead a team within a prestigious and innovative organisation then we would love to hear from you. Our brands are fast moving, highly ambitious products and we are looking for likeminded people to assist in the successful growth of our company.
Eljays44’s policies ensure equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
Job Type: Full-time