Reelmedia Film began in 2001, with a passion for using documentary film as a tool for positive change.
Today, we continue to produce documentary films that inspire, inform and deliver lasting impact. We have grown over the years, fine-tuning our craft to create a wide range of film, multimedia and campaign content with clients. We produce short and longer-form documentary films, as well as advocacy, explainer and short character-led films. Our work often illustrates challenges and solutions to development issues, whilst ensuring individuals are framed as empowered, with the agency to bring about change.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Production and edit assistant to join our team and participate in all stages of the production process. You will support the Creative Director, Producer and others to plan and prepare filming during pre-production, enable the smooth execution of shoots during production, as well as plan and prepare first drafts of assembles and edits during post-production.
The role will also see you working on a myriad of tasks as required and to meet project demands.
Ultimately, you are a forward thinker and team-player, with meticulous attention to detail.
- In pre-production, assist with the planning of film shoots. Negotiate and secure locations and contributors.
- Organise filming logistics for contributors and crew.
- Prepare and print call sheets and consent forms.
- In production, assist with filming equipment, contributors and locations.
- Digitise and organise footage.
- During post-production, produce initial assembles and draft edits.
- Source music, sound effects and foley.
- Other tasks as required to meet project demands.
- Understanding of production processes.
- Previous experience as a runner or production assistant desirable.
- Solid knowledge of and experience in using Premiere Pro.
- Solid knowledge, interest and experience in technicalities of filming equipment and processes.
- Team player, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- BA degree in Film Production or relevant field desirable.
- Interest or experience in the Third Sector desirable.
- 3-month probationary period.
- 12-month fixed-term contract starting April/May 2021, with the potential for extension.
- Apply via email with CV and tell us why you would be perfect for this role.
Note: Please only get in touch if you are a potential candidate - no cold-calls from recruiters. Thankyou.