An exciting opportunity to work on a global communications campaign to restore and protect our ocean.
In 2017, the United Nations General Assembly proclaimed the United Nations Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development (2021-2030) (‘the Ocean Decade’) to stimulate ocean science and knowledge generation and thus reverse declines in the state of the ocean system while catalysing new opportunities for sustainable ocean use.
The vision of the Ocean Decade is ‘the science we need for the ocean we want’.
When it comes to generating mass engagement in protecting and sustainably managing the ocean through science-driven solutions, however, The Ocean Decade (2021-2030) remains a highly technical UN initiative which does not offer an easy entry point.
In order to launch the Decade’s vision, a global multimedia, integrated communications campaign is to be developed that will present the opportunity for people to understand and appreciate the ocean as a key part of the solution to the planet’s sustainability and climate crises. Through compelling evidence and engaging stories of individuals around the world taking action, audiences will feel the urgency required to act themselves to use knowledge protect and restore the ocean.
This separate communications campaign aims to inform a ‘general public’ in ocean knowledge and science and encourage them to take action.
Generation Ocean (GenO) will communicate the Ocean Decade context in order to inform the audience of the importance of the ocean and the challenges facing it, as well as the need for knowledge and science in helping us to take action to restore and protect the ocean.
We are looking for an Online Marketing Consultant to join our team. You will help us use online tools to achieve our campaign growth and communication goals. You will identify needs and new opportunities and aspire to increase awareness of the GenO campaign as well as driving action towards a sustainable ocean. On a daily basis, you will be posting great content and slick messaging through our website and social media channels.
If you’re a tech-savvy trendsetter who has innovative ideas to develop a cutting-edge brand online, we would like to meet you. For this position, you should be creative and comfortable working with under own steam, and within a team.
Ultimately, you should be able to effectively connect the GenO brand with its audience.
- Set digital marketing strategies across online campaign platforms (primarily website and social media).
- Research products, services and current strategies to identify new opportunities.
- Analyse web traffic metrics and suggest solutions to boost web presence.
- Monitor SEO/SEM, marketing and audience performance metrics to track progress and forecast trends.
- Establish, negotiate and maintain strong relationships with online influencers.
- Keep abreast of audience’s preferences and proactively suggest new campaigns.
- Liaise with campaign Manager, Writer, Media Strategist and Graphics optimise customer experience and ensure brand consistency and growth.
- Establish best practices in digital marketing.
- Stay abreast of digital technologies developments.
- Proven work experience in Digital/online marketing.
- Demonstrable experience with SEO.
- Solid knowledge of web analytics tools.
- Hands on experience with online marketing tools and practices.
- Familiarity with WordPress.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of ocean issues or experience in a relevant field.
- BA degree in Marketing, Advertising or relevant field.
- 3-month probationary period.
- Initial 12-month fixed-term contract starting April 2021, with the potential for extension.
- Apply via email with CV and tell us why you would be perfect for this role.
Note: Please only get in touch if you are a potential candidate - no cold-calls from recruiters. Thankyou.