Design Intern - 12 month Fixed Term
- Paladone Products Ltd
- £18,000 per annum
- Design Intern - 12 month Fixed Term
- Design / Creative
- Internships / Apprenticeships, Junior-Level
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
We are currently recruiting for two Design Interns to join our team on a 12-month fixed term placement and are available to start immediately!
Paladone is a wholesale giftware company with the heart of our creative designs based at our Head Quarters in Shoreham by Sea. We are gift obsessed and passionate about reaching our mission which is to create the best gift products and deliver them to our customers with unrivalled customer focussed service. As well as our own branded products, we offer a comprehensive range of licensed giftware. We work with many exciting mainstream brands such as Disney, Harry Potter, Marvel and DC comics, and we develop, design and wholesale a wide range of gifts and novelties for our retail partners in the UK and around the world.
These positions would suit someone who is currently studying towards (or recently completed) their Product / Graphic Design degree. You must be within travelling distance to our offices in Shoreham by Sea, as this role will be office based full time. Our offices are fully Covid compliant with all the necessary restrictions and safety measures in place. The core office hours are Monday – Friday 08:30am to 5:00pm, 37.5 hours per week. We do offer flexi hours between 07:30 and 6:00pm. We also have a wide range of employee benefits available.
As a Design Intern you will be providing valuable support to the design team in all aspects of their daily responsibilities, whilst learning on the job and via training. You will be assisting with a variety of department jobs whilst learning the fundamental relevant skills and gaining experience. The role includes a sizable amount of studio work producing mock packaging samples and you will need to be flexible and adapt to the needs of a busy design department.
- Working towards or recently completed a Product / Graphic Design degree
- Studio skills including confidence using a scalpel, spray mount and other studio equipment
- Basic knowledge of Adobe suite, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office including Powerpoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Product & Packaging photography skills is essential for one of the positions.
- Motivated self starter with excellent planning and organisation skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines effectively and be adaptable.
- A keen interest in the gift market with a creative and innovative approach
Paladone are proud to have recruited 1-2 Design interns annually on one-year fixed term contract to provide us with additional support for the design team allowing our experienced designers to concentrate on meeting customer demands. Paladone have been able to provide our interns with valuable training and work experience and we are committed to continuing to do this.
If you are a team player, have a willingness to be flexible, want to learn from our talented team and are immediately available, please click apply to submit your application with your CV, covering letter and link to portfolio (if available). Please also indicate whether you have product & packaging photography skills or not.