We are looking for a mid-senior level UX designer to join our multi-disciplined design team. We understand that job titles can vary, so whether you’re a UX designer, product designer, interaction designer or an information architect we want to hear from you. You’ll be reporting to the head of design, focused on delivering our next generation of products.
Who are we?
Madgex have been providing job board and career technology for over 20 years. We work with world renowned brands and organisations, including the Guardian, Financial Times and Gumtree. Our products impact tens of millions of people searching for work every year. Madgex has been named in The Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work for’ and ‘Great Places to Work’.
About the role
We are designing our next generation of user experiences around machine-learning led recommendations. You will help us build new products that provide insight and advice for people’s career choices in a human-centred way.
You will own the design process for specific user problems and feature sets. You’ll collaborate with the development and data science teams to find the best solutions.
You will be an important part of Madgex’s supportive and friendly design team. You will also help Madgex to create new and collaborative ways of bringing design to the heart of our products and services.
UX Designers at Madgex have a research, communication and facilitation focus. You’ll be happy managing stakeholders and their expectations through clear planning and communication.
We’d expect you to feel comfortable with the following aspects of the role:
- Facilitating workshops and discussions that get to the heart of business and customer needs.
- Reviewing research and presenting findings back to the wider team.
- Sketching and prototyping concepts in collaboration with other designers.
- Communicating information architecture through wireframes, user journeys and sitemaps.
- Working with product managers to estimate tasks and identify next steps.
- Working at all stages of the product development process for web-based, SaaS products.
- Translating data and research into solid designs, understanding and allowing for the constraints of the user, the business, technology and brand.
- Using exploratory and evaluative research methods to gather valuable insight (e.g. usability testing, stakeholder meetings, card sorting, competitor analysis etc.)
- Working collaboratively within mixed-discipline teams to solve complex design problems.
You also have:
- Knowledge and interest of the latest design tools and processes to make us as effective as possible, while knowing how to get the most out of what we’ve got.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and are eager to work with people across many different disciplines.
- The ability to present design decisions effectively — sharing the rationale and evidence behind your work in a way everyone understands.
- An understanding of how visual design can have an impact on your design.
- An understanding of the tools and methodologies used by other disciplines like product managers, technical architects, data scientists etc.
- A portfolio that demonstrates high quality UX design - especially the process that led to measurable outcomes in past projects.
- A focus on continued learning, always trying to keep up to date with the latest UX thinking and research.
- You love speaking to new people, understanding their goals and helping them achieve them through design. You see your job as empowering those around you to achieve joint goals. Most importantly, you’re excited about this next step in your career and want to make a difference.
Even if you don’t think you have all the experience we’d like in our ideal candidate, we’re keen to hear what you can do.
What it’s like to work at Madgex:
Smart – we’re intelligent, we’re innovative, we’re problem solvers.
Collaborative - with clients and with each other.
Bold – we challenge, we’re brave, think big and we’re thought leaders.
At Madgex, we are a community. We’re a friendly bunch with passion and we thrive on team work, learning & development and our regular social gatherings. As an equally important member of our team you will be rewarded with:
- A salary of £40,000 to £45,000 reviewed annually.
- A generous pension, with up to 10% contributed by us.
- An annual bonus of up to 10% of your salary.
- 25 days holiday.
- Flexible working – we believe in work/life balance.
- Enhanced family/partner friendly policies – we want to support you in those big life moments.
- Genuine commitment to your health and well-being, including Healthcare cover, Cycle to Work scheme and a whole host of activities and approaches from Yoga to massages organised by our dedicated Health & Happiness team.
- Team socials – we’ve had everything from BBQs and bootcamps to beer and our annual birthday bash.
- We're committed to your personal career growth and we'll provide you with learning and development resources.
- A dedicated Buddy in your first week alongside a full induction schedule, giving you the chance to meet the whole Madgex family.
Send us your CV along with a covering letter telling us about you, your career, and why you think you’d be a great fit within our team. We can't wait to hear from you and invite you into the Madgex team.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Madgex is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).